Order fulfillment for ship complete scenario
There are many ways of order fulfillment and most of them are based on how the material is classified ie Make to stock, Make to order etc.
1. Make to Stock Order fulfillment
Here the stock is readily available based on the forecast and mostly stored in Centralized warehouse for quick response to customers demand.
2. Make to Order or Configure to order fulfillment
In make to order scenarios the product ordered by the customer is a customized one and hence is build only when the order is inducted in the system
These orders are not fulfilled from warehouse rather those order go to plant where these products are build as per customers requirement and then shipped out
1. SD related Configuration Steps:
- Configure schedule line category to create STO PR in schedule lines
1.1 Creating Schedule line catergory “MA”
- Sales & Distribution–>Sales–>Sales Document–>Schedule Lines–>Define Schedule line Catergories
- Item category used as ‘7’ ie Stock Tranfer
Account Assgnt Cat as ‘M’ ie Individual Customer w/o KD-CO
1.2 Assign the Schedule line category to the respective Item cat
2. APO related Configuration steps:
(To default the warehouse plant on setting the Ship completed tab)
We can use APO Rule based ATP functionality to make “Complete delivery” Sales order to point to a single plant. For this we need to use the rule type MISL (Multi Item Single Location).
Rule based ATP check is an iterative, step-by-step availability check process driven by self defined rules. The results of one step determine whether the next condition type needs to be further processed and checked.
2.1 The Rule Based ATP check is enabled in the Check Instruction.
The Check instruction is the combination of Check mode and business Event.
So the Check instruction for this part must have the Rule based indicator set up so that Rules are called as required.
Further the condition type has to be specified showing when order is marked as “Ship complete” then it should call MISL rule.
3. MM related configuration steps and Master Data Setup
3.1 Master Data Setup:
- Auto PR to PO conversion
- STO Pur-Req should have the source of supply defaulted, the same will be fetched from Source list
Note: PPL ie Procurement plant maintianed is MAR2
- Autom.PO field set in Material-Master
- Material Requirement PLanning
MRP run on plant MAR2 will create purchase requsition
- Pur-Req will have source of supply defaulted from below source list
- Vendor 233 is used for external procurement
- MRP field is set as ”1” for MRP run
End to End Cycle of above process:
MRP RUN on Plant MAR2
Stock/Requirement list for Plant MAR2
PR to PO conversion:
Procurement PO :1002020006
- GR against the ZCON PO:
Stock to be transferred from plant MAR2 to warehouse MAR1
Outbound Delivery against STO 4500019858
Sivakumar Arumugham : SAP-APO
Maruti Shingade : SAP MM-Logistics