Quick Guide – Checklist to set ESRI in SAP Work Manager 6.1.X (WPF client and iOS client)
As a proactive effort by SAP Global support to provide quick guides and assistance to our SAP Work Manager customers, I have added a quick guide or checklist in setting up the ESRI mapping tool built-in SAP Work Manager 6.1.X (in SAP Mobile Platform – SMP 3.0).
The goal of this quick checklist is to simplify the requirements in setting ESRI up for a WPF client and to easily find the solution via the SAP Community Network (SCN or the Online community via your favorite browser) instead of digging through multiple release notes and multiple SAP Work Manager manuals.
Most of these Quick Start Guides or Checklist reviewed multiple support tickets, QA tricks and request for help from the SAP Community Network (SCN discussions) to enhanced our documentation.
See Quick Guide: How to set ESRI Map when it is not rendering in SAP Work Manager 6.1.X WPF Client (Location tab empty) – KBA # 2071498.
# You may need to access your SAP account to properly view the KBA link above.
# For IOS clients the designer may need to brand the iOS clients with the ESRI libraries (assumption is that the customer has ESRI license) to properly work (Customers may need an Apple computer to brand Agentry iOS clients). SAP services can be contracted here.
Users are expected to setup the SAP back-end add-on. Please set it up prior to following the Quick Guide above (please read any special mandatory patches as discussed below).
- SAP Work Manager 6.1 back-end configuration add-on blog
- How to do 3rd party GIS Integration with Work Manager 6.2
- A black icon on the GIS/ESRI map (either a point or a line image) stands for multiple objects (ex: Equipment) that has the same location or address
- Users can click on it and see the data
Example: Linear Assets that have shared location (icon to be colored black)
Swiping the screen (equipment) to the left showed the second equipment on the same location (picture below):
- A linear asset (example picture above) shows as a line while a point shows as a point icon (Each different color corresponds to either a Notification, Work order, Equipment or others). A black color is multiple objects that share a location on the map (overlap).
- The SAP-WM-6.1-SDKInstallation.pdf is the main document that explains the details of installing the needed drivers on the Agentry client
- See example picture:
Additional References (including iOS Devices):
- OpenUI Framework Installation Instructions
- ArcGIS Installation Instructions
- SAP Work Manager SDK (GIS and VE) document (SAPWM61-SDKInstallation.pdf – main document on installing the ESRI dll)
- SAP KBA # 2239489 – How to take the GPS coordinates on the device in Agentry / SMP 3.0
- Integrate GIS libraries in SAP Work Manager – iOS
- SAP KBA # 2332906 – ArcGIS (ESRI) Unable to retrieve geo spatial data from SAP Work Manager 6.2 for Agentry iOS clients
- SAP KBA # 2267006 – Missing Work Order Details in embedded ESRI Map
- SAP KBA # 2301939 – GPS Locaiton Services not working on iPhone
- SAP Note # 2413010 – App Transport Security Policy requires secure connection (Used for Apple iOS 10.X or iOS 10.2 new security limitation for mobile application that relies on https – prevents the use of Google maps when used with https)
- SAP KBA # 2443062 – GIS Maps do not appear on application when running iOS 10 (i.e. code signing changes in IOS 10)
- SAP SCN thread # 107255 – The base map service is not available – Please check your settings (PREF_ARCGIS_RUNTIMECLIENTID and PREF_BAEMAP_URL_STREET – cannot be found in Work Manager 6.4)
If you have any feedback, we could use it to further enhance our products or documentation. Rating each of the Quick Start Guide will help us understand if you need more of it.
SAP Platinum Support Engineer (Mobility)