Periodic Schedule of ATP Jobs after MRP job
What is ATP Server ?
Companies which are operating with large volume of data usually faces long time to perform availability check. Databases associated with availability check are RESB and VBBE
The ATP server has a cross-transaction, global memory (shared buffer),where ATP-relevant information like RESB/VBBE are aggregated according to the date for one day time.When we check material availability the system reads the data of the two mentioned tables from the shared buffer instead of from he database. This method of access considerably improves the performance.
Transaction ACBD and Its Usage:
Transaction ACBD offers further monitoring and administrative functions for the Shared Buffer of the ATP Server:
- Complete or partial deletion of the Shared Buffer
- Comparison of the Shared Buffer with the database
- This transaction also allows you to preload the data from the database into the Shared Buffer. (This is required for after every MRP run)
- If we not loaded, the data is loaded the first time availability is checked – which could take some time.
Make ATP Job after the MRP Job Periodically:
- Generally ACBD transaction is executed at Plant level which will run long time depends upon the volume of the data.
- We can create several selection screen variant based business criteria for the transaction ACBD(may besed on material type or Prefix of part codes etc).
- Scheduling this ATP run with this selection screen variants after each MRP run is tedious one. SAP is not supporting this.
- Here challenge is ,we have number of ACBD jobs with different selection screen variants,All this jobs should be run in parallel after MRP job.
- For this we can use background job after event method to run periodically.
Here the procedure to schedule periodically Multiple Jobs to run in parallel after a JOB
Step 1: Create event in SM62
Step 2: Create event Program in SE38:
Here we are linking event created in previous step
Step 3: Add ATP Event Program as step-2:
Now we need to assign this program as step 2 in MRP JOB .
Step 4: Link all ACBD jobs to ‘ATP Event Program’ in SM37 with periodic.
Now ATP jobs were scheduled periodically after MRP run.
Now all ATP jobs will run in parallel after MRP jobs which will consume less time instead of running as a single ATP job.