These notes apply to ESP SP08. Also, these notes are for Windows, though the steps for Linux are pretty similar
- First install SAP HANA Studio
- Download the ESP SP08 install package from either Service Marketplace (filed under “E” – “Event Stream Processor”) or from the trial download offer in the ESP Developer Center
- Unzip the download
- Run setup.exe in the folder you extracted the zip file to
- Choose Custom install: after the first couple of panels in the install wizard, you’ll be asked to choose a Typical or Custom install, or to install the Cockpit.
- In the list of desired components on the next panel of the install wizard, scroll down to the bottom and select “SAP Event Stream Processor Plug-in for SAP HANA Studio”
- You can select/unselect other components as desired. In fact, if you’ve already installed ESP and you are just adding the HANA plugin, you can uncheck everything except the HANA plugin and the rest of your installation will be unchanged, but the plugin will be installed