In this blog, I want to give a short overview of the recommended steps to perform in case you are facing issues with the execution of ABAP Post-Copy Automation – hopefully, this will help you to solve minor issues directly and will also ensure a fast message processing in case you would have to raise an incident.
- Make sure you performed the automated configuration as described in the respective documentation, such as:
- You check relevant SAP Notes, such as:
- You check available Frequently Asked Questions, such as:
- You check the ABAP PCA troubleshooting page in SAP Community Network for documented issues and best practices.
- You check the Post-Copy Automation page in SAP Community Network for further information or documents.
- Only if the steps above did not help (or in case you are facing an urgent issue), you raise an incident for ABAP Post-Copy Automation by using the SAP Incident Wizard:
- For this, proceed as described in How-to Raise an Incident for ABAP Post-Copy Automation.
- This will make sure that you send all relevant files (such as log files) with the incident, making the process handling easier and faster.