The main aim of this document is to explain how to transfer IDoc data from one system to another for testing purposes.
We need to perform end to end test for an outbound IDoc scenario in System-A (ECC) using the IDoc data present in System-B (ECC).
- Create a test directory in System-B (ECC) FTP server. Ex: /sapinst/IDOCflatfiles
- Note the IDoc number in System-B (ECC)
- Execute the T-Code WE19 in System-B (ECC) and enter the IDoc Number and press F8.
- Click on inbound file.
- Enter the directory along with the filename (/sapinst/IDOCflatfiles/FileName) which you created earlier in System-B (ECC) FTP Server. Make sure that Start IDoc inbound processing of file immediately is unchecked and hit enter or execute.
- Now you can find a file (IDoc Flat File) created in the directory that was created. In addition to the file, an Inbound IDoc will be created (can be viewed in WE02). But, this IDoc will not be defined for processing as Start IDoc inbound processing of file immediately is unchecked.
- Transfer this file to your desktop.
- Create a test directory in the System-A (ECC) FTP server. Ex: /sapinst/IDOCflatfiles_Target
- Transfer the file from your desktop to the directory that was just created in the System-A (ECC) FTP server.
- Login to the System-A (ECC) and execute WE19 T-Code. Select File as template radio button. Enter the directory along with the file name and execute.
- Now the IDoc data is transferred from System-B to System-A for testing. Control record values have to be verified before testing.