I am just writing this blog as part of DataGeek III: How to Join and my analysis is on data from Indian parliament elections held during May 2014. This belongs to House Of Spirits (Caring for Social Good) and the data has been referenced from here Welcome to Election Commission of India
My Analysis is based on the data from Election results of India Parliament. Here is my analysis.
1. Voters By State split. (Big states , More seats, more voters)
2. Top 15 States with Voters & Electors Genderwise
3. Top 10 winning Candidates by Margin
4. States with less number of Voters/Electors
5. Total voters by state
6. Total Electors split by State & Party
7. State wise winning party
8. Total Voters/Electors by State
9. Statewise victory by margin
10. Seats won and votes% by party type
11. Seats won by party type
12. Top 20 contestants by number for party
13. State wise winner and their party
And the last but not least
14. List of Prime ministers and their tenure
I would come up with some interesting story boards and info graphics in this same blog if time permits again for me.
Thanks for reading!