I would like to share the functionality of subcontracting with goods issue from alternate plant.
There are two plants under the same company code – say plant 1 and Plant 2. Plant 1 will issue the component materials to subcontractor and the vendor will send the processed goods to the Plant 2, against the subcontract PO. Here, its like a combination of STO and subcontracting.
Let us see how we can map the scenario to SAP.
1. Go to OMD9 transaction and create a special procurement key, say Z1 for plant 2 by copying the special procurement key 30.
2. Maintain the withdrawal from alternate plant indicator as well as the issuing plant (plant 1) as shown below:
- Ensure that special procurement indicator is L (subcontracting)
3. Check the BOM :
4. Go to material master of the component to be issued by plant 1. Go to MRP2 view of the components with plant 2 and maintain the special procurement key created in step 1 & 2.
4. Create a subcontracting PO for the plant 2:
5. Check the components and the planned automatically populated in the components window:
- System will automatically populate the alternative issuing plant as the plant for components:
- Save the PO.
6. The reservation / requirements for the relevant subcomponents will be generated for the alternate plant and the same would be displayed in MD04.
7. Do GR for the subcontract PO:
- Here, for the sub-components, the plant will be automatically populated as the alternate plant (Plant 1).
8. Post the Document and check the accounting document.
Result: The Main material is received in plant 2 from subcontractor and the components are consumed from alternate plant (plant 1).
Hope its useful.