340,000 Transactions classified
2 B Euros Total spend analyzed
6,000 Supplier records enriched
This is what Boliden, Swedish based mining and metals company, is doing to improve efficiency in procurement. I spoke with Simon Miller, their Sourcing Project Manager recently about their project.
Their main goal was to create a single source for all spend and supplier information so they could:
- Improve sourcing and procurement strategies
- Drive continuous improvement through benchmarking and comparison of spending patterns between business units
What was the result?
- They have an aggregated view of spend data across all seven procurement sites, resulting in identification of spend reduction opportunities
- They identified linkages and parentage hierarchies across a portfolio of for 6,000 suppliers, thus enabling supplier optimization and better negotiation clout
- And they increased data quality standards and analytics coverage for spend data spanning 800M EUR annually
Simon was complimentary about the solution and the process, stating, “Using Ariba Spend Visibility, Boliden was able to apply a baseline for performance improvement across all of our procurement sites. With this greater visibility and a user friendly approach, we are able to identify the cross-site and cross business unit leverage that that will lead to reduced spend and greater efficiency.”
See the full story at: Business Transformation Study (BTS)