The Analysis Path Framework product team will be conducting usability tests on-site at 2014 Analytics and BusinessObjects User Conference in Fort Worth (September 22-24, 2014). Don’t miss out on the chance to test out and provide feedback the Analysis Path Framework (APF) a framework for creating interactive chart oriented drilldown applications.
Below is an extract of the official information that will appear in conference materials, but you can sign up before you get to Texas to ensure a time slot convenient for you. Instructions on how to sign up are at the bottom of this post.
The APF (Analysis Path Framework) builds the foundation for a new class of intuitive, interactive and flexible realtime drilldown Analytical Fiori apps to explore complex big data. During this test you will
• experience and evaluate the user-friendliness and usability of Analytical Fiori Apps created using the Analyis Path Framework.
• learn how the Anaylsis Path Framework enables you to create Analytical Fiori Apps without programming.
• Data Analysts or anyone responsible to create, transform, and analyze data.
• Professionals responsible to configure and provide analytical tools/ envirionments.
You will be testing an APF based Fiori App as well as a prototype of the APF Configuration Modeler. This includes
the interactive and step-by-step creation of analysis paths by
•selecting relevant analysis steps and visual representations (chart types) from categories in the analysis step gallery
•saving analysis paths.
In each analysis step, you can investigate KPIs/ measures and select relevant data to filter the information provided in subsequent steps. By combining different analysis steps and applying filters, you interactively create your flexible analysis path.
configuring an Analytical Fiori App using the APF Configuration Modeler to
•create categories (to assign available analysis steps)
•create analysis steps (to define the KPIs, measures and dimensions/filters to be analyzed as well as the relevant data source) and assign the analysis steps to categories
•create representations (to define available chart types).
How to sign-up on-line:
1. Go to http://usability.sap.com.
2. Click on 2014 Analytics and BusinessObjects User Conference.
3. Click the ‘Register here’ link on the left-hand side (in the Login section) and create an account.
4. Log in to your account.
5. Click on ‘Topic Catalog’ on the left-hand side.
6. Under ‘Topics’, select ‘Analysis Path Framework’
7. Find a convenient time slot and click ‘Sign Up’.
Please feel free to contact me (firstname.lastname@example.org) if there are any questions or thoughts.
We are looking forward to seeing you in Fort Worth!