If we look at Focused Business Solutions from when I started at SAP in March of 2010 we have made our way from one available FBS product to 30 available products in just 4.5 years.
Focused business solutions are developed as SAP standard solutions that address the highly specialized business needs of customers in very targeted markets. They are available for sale from the SAP standard price list and are treated like standard in every way, including support.
Many of the FBS solutions are add-on products to existing SAP Core software which makes them extremely reliable and valuable to our customers wanting to leverage their current SAP investment. Where we get our most customer base is from our cross-industry products’ MRS, AIF, and FSB.
A number of new products have been added to our FBS Portfolio…in bold below…
- SAP Agricultural Contract Management (ACM)
- SAP Application Interface Framework (AIF)
- SAP Asset Lifecycle Accounting (ALA)
- SAP Asset Retirement and Obligation Management (ARO)
- SAP Common Area Maintenance Expense Recovery (CAM ER)
- SAP Complex Assembly Manufacturing Solution (CAMS)
- SAP Cross Channel Order Management
- SAP Customer Activity Repository, omnichannel price and promotion service
- SAP Dairy Management by msg
- SAP Direct Store Delivery (DSD)
- SAP Extended Warehouse Management (EWM) for Fashion
- SAP Innovation Management
- SAP Flexible Solution Billing (FSB)
- SAP Manufacturing Execution (standard product owned by SAP Custom Development)
- SAP Multiresource Scheduling (MRS)
- SAP Payment Engine (PEG)
- SAP Pricing and Costing for Utilities (PCU)
- SAP Public Budget Formulation (PBF)
- SAP Solution Sales Configuration (SSC) soon to be rebranded as “SAP CPQ for Product/Solution Sales Configuration” integrated with hybris
- SAP Tax Classification and Reporting for FATCA
- SAP Solution Sales and Billing (now part of BRIM)
- SAP Trade Promotion Optimization (TPO)
- Remote Logistics Management (standard product owned by SAP Custom Development)
- Upstream Operations Management (standard product owned by SAP Custom Development)
We’ve been receiving a lot of questions on a subscription model for our FBS products. Subscription is bound to the HEC deployment option, meaning that SAP offers a subscription based only if our customer chooses to have the software operated by SAP on HEC. The good news is we are in contact with the HEC teams to get our FBS products enabled for this!