How to populate Requirement Type for MTO sales orders when using two planning strategies for same material
When we are using two planning strategies for one material for example MTS strategy like 40 & MTO like strategy 20 for the same material; we need to find a way to populate the correct requirement type for sales orders. Objective is that particular customers should only get stock fulfillment in MTO way. As well, MTO sales orders should not get consumed by PIR requirements meant for MTS planning.
MTS PIR’s would consume incoming MTS sales orders.
Pre-requisites:- Following configuration would already been there.
- Transaction OPPS, OPPT (Strategy & Strategy Group) for grouping strategy 40 & 20.
- Mantain Requirement type, requirement class.
- Mantain Item Category Usage configuration.
- Assign Item Categories to Item Usage.
- Assignment of item categories to Transaction.
- Create Customer material Info-Record via transaction VD51 with combination of Customer, sales organization, distribution channel & material.
Once, we create the sales orders, system would pick the item usage from customer material info record and with the help of sales configuration, would populate the appropriate requirement type in Procurement Tab. Hence, sales order would behave as a MTO sales order instead of MTS.