Monthly SAP Lumira
SAP Lumira Desktop 1.17 Release. On June 13, 2014, SAP released the lasted version of SAP Lumira, release 1.17. Read the announcement here. Some the new features include:
- Connect to SAP Business Warehouse
- Create customized data source from data copied to clipboard
- Create stories using infographics
- Publish stories to the SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform
The most notable addition is the new infographics feature. Turning data and information into visuals has become an essential part of every effective BI strategy. See the importance of visuzalitions in this interactive infographic. Read more about the new release and additional features in this blog.
BI 2014 Keynote – SAP Lumira and MongoDB Enterprise Collaborate for Data Discovery. SAP Lumira and MongoDB collaborate for data discovery and Big Data. The announcement was made on June 4 during SAPPHIRE NOW. MongoDB offers the fastest-growing NoSQL database that is used by over a third of the Fortune 100 companies. This article describes this collaboration in detail and explains what it means for the future of SAP Lumira.
Pierre Leroux Discusses SAP Lumira with Ken Murphy at SAPinsider. Watch this video with SAP Director of Product Marketing Pierre Leroux and SAPinsider‘s Ken Murphy as they talk about SAP Lumira at the SAPinsider Studio.
Tranform BI Strategy with SAP HANA Software and SAP Lumira. David Poisson, BI Director, Business Innovation and Application Services, SAP, discusses the need to convince business users of the value of new technologies and the best way to deploy them to win high user acceptance. Read David’s Story (Slide 7) to learn how to transform your BI strategy with SAP HANA and SAP Lumira.
- Power of Infographics using SAP Lumira: Infographics offer a powerful way to present complex data in a visual format that makes understanding easier and faster. Learn how you can create infographics with SAP Lumira in this blog.
- How to Install SAP Lumira Server and Publish Datasets and Stories: This blog walks you through the steps in installing SAP Lumira Server, deploying content from SAP HANA, and publishing content onto SAP Lumira Server.
- Using Import.io to Extract Data from the Web into SAP Lumira:Learn how to use import.io to extract data from the Internet in this blog.
- Manipulate and Create Data using SAPLumira: Follow this blog to learn how to prepare data for analysis in SAP Lumira. While there is no fixed procedure to be followed, this post shows the basic steps that will be useful in most analyses.
July 20-25: TDWI World Conference 2014 – Bosten, MA
- July 15: SAP Lumira Hands-on Workshop Experience – Tel Aviv, Israel. Register here
- July 16: SAP Lumira Hands-on Workshop Experience – Johannesburg, South Africa. Register here
- SAP Lumira Webinar Series: This series lets SAP customers, partners, and evangelists know what’s available now, what’s coming up, and how SAP Lumira is being used to gain insights and drive decisions with large and complex datasets. Register here