Hi every one,
I was blogged by my colleague Caetano Almeida (Blog it Forward – Caetano Almeida) and I’m here today to accept this challenge and create my own BIF blog, talking a little bit about myself. You can find more information about this called on the blog Blog It Forward Community Challenge and add your name into the Blog It Forward (BIF) Chain if you want to join it.
My English name is Nancy Guo and my Chinese name is Guo Yiping (郭一平). Guo is my family name. As you have noticed the family name is in the first place of Chinese name, but in the last place in English name. I understand that sometimes foreigners could be confused and don’t know which one is the first name and which one is the last name. I’m 31 years old and just got back to work from maternity leave. I’m now officially a mom to a seven-month old baby boy. 😘
I was born in a small village which is not far from our Capital Peking and now live in Dalian, Liaoning Province.
After got my master degree in Electronic Engineering in 2010 I joined SAP. So SAP is the first company which offered me a job and I have been enjoying it from day one.
Currently I work with the component PP – Production Planning, QM – Quality Management, ME – SAP Manufacturing, Execution MII – SAP Manufacturing Integration and Intelligence. Which one am I best at? Hard to say. Maybe QM as it is less complex that other components. My future task would be to find a component and become a real expert on it. 🙂
Fun facts about my country China
- As mentioned in my introduction, we Chinese put our last name first and then our first name. Chinese don’t have middle names.
- Each Chinese year is named after a particular animal in a 12-year cycle. This year is the Year of Horse. I was born in the year of Pig and my son was in the year of Snake.
- All pandas in the world are on loan from China, and when a baby Panda is born, by agreement, it is sent back to China to help expand the gene pool. The baby pandas are shipped back by FedEx. – Source(http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=123132770)
- Throughout Chinese history, only one woman has ruled as China: Empress Wu Zetian (624-705) who took the throne during the Tang Dynasty.
Fun facts about my city Dalian
I lived in Dalian for almost 12 years since college. Dalian is a beautiful sea city. It is located in the Northeast of China. Xinghai Square (Sea of stars) is the largest city square in the world . You can smell the sophora flower in spring, swim in the sea in summer, see the yellow ginkgo leaf in autumn and feel strong wind in winter.
Fun facts about myself
I love traveling, but I’ve only been to a few places in China and one Foreign country Ukraine.
I love playing badminton, but never won a race.
I love tasty food, but not very good at cooking.
I love watching US TV series, and I did watch a lot of them. 😉
Questions asked by Caetano
If you were 20 again, what would you study?
– I want to try everything if I can live 20 over and over again. 🙂
What do you enjoy most in your work and why?
– Helping people solve their problems quickly. It makes me feel accomplished and useful to the world.
What is your favorite musician/band?
– I’m not a music fan. I prefer nice soft music, don’t really care who is the singer/band.
Answer to the 3 optional questions (2 from BIF and another one made by myself)
What is your professional life dream?
– Be part of a solution implementation project. Get to know key functionalities and how the customers use them to satisfy their business needs.
What do you most enjoy on SCN?
– Learn and share knowledge.
What is your favorite TV show?
– Too many to name one. Currently it is Suits.
Blogging it Forward
I’d like to blog it forward to the following people:
Please aswer the same three optional questions that I have answered.