- My name is Phil and I live in the United Kingdom. I have a technical background having previously programmed in COBOL, Fortran, C++ and Python with various API’s. I also write SQL code in my current role. I have never used ABAP and this is a fact finding mission!
- I have previously used Eclipse mainly to experiment with the BPMN2 Modeler software.
- From the current reviews in the SCN ABAP is being well received.
- I think the most useful feature is the ctrl+space and shift+enter to suggest code completion templates.
- There are many other developers on SCN that know about ABAP in Eclipse:
I particularly enjoyed reading the article by @Jeroen Custers and he also mentions @Thomas Fiedler
@Bert Schlicher. Other includes @Martin Steinberg