Convert from Lag Time to Real Time
Are you ready to radically alter the way your business accesses crucial data? If so, then it’s time to ramp up your data warehouse performance with the help of in-memory computing.
Resting squarely on the shoulders of analytics managers is the expectation to deliver greater insight in less time at lower TCO. Using SAP BW on SAP HANA is one of the best ways for an analytics manager to make this happen.
Why? Because it leverages in-memory computing to help your business access, process, and deliver huge amounts of data in real time. And by simplifying data modeling, it improves system performance and lowers IT costs.
But what’s the best implementation and deployment strategy that can help your company make the most out of its data? A blog from Tom Kurtz outlines two approaches:
- Upgrade and migrate an existing installation of SAP BW:
- Reap the greatest ROI by upgrading your current SAP BW application and then migrating to the SAP HANA platform.
- Understand that this approach works best for database production systems that consistently process large or complex data volumes.
- Be aware that a full upgrade requires a longer cycle time and may mean that you wait longer to recoup costs.
- Install a parallel landscape of the latest version of SAP BW:
- Take the option to complete just a partial transport of specific functional areas.
- Gain immediate value from in-memory solutions without a total upgrade.
- Be aware that this could result in parallel production systems.
Need help deciding?
Are you now experiencing information overload? Do you want to speak with experts who can give you one-on-one advice?
Don’t worry. We’ve got you covered. Two upcoming workshops address these questions and many more on how to reinvent data warehousing.
Join us in Boston on October 1 to hear firsthand experiences and benefits enjoyed by other SAP customers running SAP BW on SAP HANA. Learn more and register.
If you can’t make it to Boston, we’ll be in Chicago on October 28 to discuss the value, improvements, and impact delivered by SAP BW on SAP HANA. Register today.
Once you decide on an implementation strategy, you’ll see that this is really a question of performance. Who wouldn’t want to cut reporting time from six minutes to six seconds? Find out how to take full advantage of the simplicity offered by SAP BW on SAP HANA – and the mountain of data in your company’s systems.
For more information, check out this webinar replay: Data Warehouse Re-Invented