SAP Enterprise Portal: Enabling SAP Fiori (Wave 2) Apps in SAP Fiori Launchpad on Portal
This blog is for portal content administrators who would like to learn about the setup tasks required to enable SAP Fiori (wave 2) apps on a portal already running Fiori launchpad (FLP).
You can run the Fiori (wave 2) apps within the Portal (EP) environment after performing the steps below.
Portal users can control Fiori (wave 2) apps in FLP on EP in the same way as other applications already configured in FLP.
1. SAP NetWeaver 7.31 SP13 and higher or SAP NetWeaver 7.4 SP8 and higher is in use
2. Fiori launchpad on Portal is enabled
4. SAP Web Dispatcher is installed and configured
5. In portal system landscape trust is defined to the backend system (refer to Creating Trust Between Portal and Back-End Systems).
1. Create a category for Fiori (wave 2) (Portal Users-> Standard Portal Users->iViews->Fiori Lanchpad Integration):
2. Create a role and a folder for Fiori (wave 2) in Portal Content and add this role to an existing FLP on EP role. In the example below:
- FFP_Demo is an FLP on EP role
- Fiori2_apps is a role for Fiori (wave 2) with a folder below
3. Configure a SAP Web Dispatcher system object:
4. Create an iView and assign it to the FFP_Demo role:
a) Create an iView from the “SAP Fiori iView” template with the following parameters:
- System ID, the one you have just created (WEBDISP in this example)
- Relative Path for SAPUI5 Applications = sap/bc/ui5_ui5/ui2/ushell/shells/abap/FioriLaunchpad.html
- Parameters to Pass on the Location String in the URL = Shell-runStandaloneApp?sap-ushell-SAPUI5.Component=<SAPUI5component name including the namespace>&sap-ushell-url=<URL pointing to the server location of the application resource file>
b) Add the newly created iView to Fiori2_apps folder:
c) Set the following iView properties and save:
|Property Name||Property Value (examples)|
Mobile App Categories
|Object ID of Device Group (mandatory) *)||
|Launch in New Window (mandatory)||Display in separate headerless portal window (standard mode)|
|Hand Over Portal Stylesheet||Unchecked|
|Mark as New Until||20141231|
|Mark as Recommended Until||20141030|
*) The value of this property should be one concatenated line.
6. Verify that your user has the required permissions on the SAP Web Dispatcher system:
Cheking your Work:
After completing the provedure above, you can check the results by folowing the steps below:
- Open FLP on EP using the Web Dispatcher link and go to Tile Catalog. CRM Opportunity appears under two categories: Recommended and Fiori2 (Category “Recommended” was created automatically because the parameter “Mark as Recommended Until” was used)
- Create a new group, for example Fiori Apps:
- Assign CRM Opportunity to this group:
Now CRM Opportunity is visible on a portal user’s home page:
- Click on the CRM Opportunity tile to open the CRM Opportunity application:
To learn more about FLP on EP:
Known issue note FLP on EPhttp://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2008931 – SAP Note https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/sno/ui_entry/entry.htm?param=69765F6D6F64653D3030312669765F7361706E6F7465735F6E756D6265723D32303038393331262008931