Update July 2018
For a more recent version of this blog, see
As of version 37 (September 2014), the SAP Quick Sizer tool contains now two versions: classic and HANA. You can access the tool from the SAP Service Marketplace (SMP) using the quick link http://service.sap.com/quicksizer.
SAP HANA Academy
For those new to sizing SAP HANA and the Quick Sizer tool, we have just added a new video tutorial on the topic. It is part of the playlist SAP HANA Installations – SPS 08 on YouTube.
As you have seen in the video, there is little to no information about SAP HANA Sizing in the publicly available documentation for SAP HANA on the SAP Help portal.
For information, you need to consult SAP Notes
- 1514966 – SAP HANA 1.0: Sizing SAP In-Memory Database – Sizing information with PowerPoint presentation in PDF attached
- 1637145 – SAP BW on HANA: Sizing SAP In-Memory Database – Sizing observations for BW on HANA with two PowerPoint presentations in PDF and UNIX shell script attached
- 1793345 – Sizing for SAP Suite on HANA – Sizing observations for SAP Suite on HANA
- 1736976 – Sizing Report for BW on HANA – ABAP Report
- 1872170 – Suite on HANA memory sizing report – ABAP Report
- 1995209 – Suite on HANA memory Sizing report – Advanced correction 1
- 2062017 – Suite on HANA memory Sizing report – Advanced correction 2
For further reading, particularly on the topic of sizing HANA for BW, you may enjoy the following blogs on SCN:
- Licensing, Sizing and Architecting BW on HANA by John Appleby (SAP Partner)
- How NOT to size a SAP Netweaver BW system for SAP HANA by Marc Bernard (SAP)
Thank you for watching
You can view more free online videos and hands-on use cases to help you answer the What, How and Why questions about SAP HANA and Analytics on the SAP HANA Academy at youtube.com/saphanaacademy or follow us on Twitter @saphanaacademy.