Notification Profile – Message Profile
Classification of the user who should receive the alert notification Depending on the recipient type, you have to specify additional data, as follows:
- If you choose channel, you must enter the desired message channel and the destination address data (e-mail address, fax number, or – for SMS or pager – the telephone number).
- If you choose System User, you have to enter the desired message channel. As recipient address, the system uses the communication data from the user master that corresponds to the message channel.
Technical medium with which SAP ICH sends an alert notification
If you have entered Channel or System User as recipient type, you have to enter a message channel.
SAP provides partner-independent and user-independent standard message channels. System administration can set up partner-specific and user-specific message channels as required.
Profile that controls the structure of an alert notification
You specify here whether you get individual messages, collective messages, or aggregated messages for alerts.
We provide standard message profiles. If you have the authorization, you can create your own message profiles in the SCM system.
If you set this indicator, SAP ICH informs you at regular intervals. In the case of this form of notification, SAP ICH determines the alerts periodically according to the pull mechanism. If you want to use the periodic notification, use report /SCMB/ANOTPULL. The report should be scheduled as a background job to be run at regular intervals. You must enter ALEN in the Application field in the report settings.
In the message profile, you specify how the Alert Notification Engine assembles an alert notification from the selected alerts. To create a message profile use the transaction /SCMB/ANOTMP
Message profile captures the following information:
- Specify the message mode. ( Individual, collective , aggregated)
With the message mode in the message profile, we can control whether ICH sends a notification for each alert (individual message) or collects several alerts for a notification (collective message). SAP ICH can also send an aggregated message containing alert statistics for the alerts that have occurred.
- Individual message: Alert type, location product, and alert time
- Collective message: Selection ID and number of alerts per alert priority
- Aggregated message: Selection ID and total number of alerts
- Specify the attachment type. ( xls, free text etc)
- Specify a system message (message class and message number) in which the text for the header and the reason for notification has been defined. You can use up to four variables (Message Variable fields 1 to 4). The name of the alert notification profile, the number of alerts, and the time of creation of the notification can be inserted via the parameters &1, &2, and &3.
- In the message parameters, you specify the message categories and corresponding alert parameters according to which the individual alerts are to be sorted in the alert notification.
/SCMB/ANOTP_CLEANUP – check all notification profiles if the associated selection is not exist then delete the notification profile