The motivation to write this blog came via DataGeek ||| challenge here DataGeek III: How to Join
I had heard a lot about SAP Lumira and thought of giving it a try and believe me its simply awesome. Very easy to understand and you can quickly create visualizations. These different visualization can help anyone in analysing the data and coming out with innovative ideas/solutions/directions/inferences.
After installing SAP Lumira Desktop the next step was to find a topic which i was interested in analysing. Given the options i believe the House of Spirits motivated me to analyse the data of Drug Abuses happening across the world. The motivation behind choosing this topic to analyse is the increased number drug abuses happening in my State Punjab, India.
I did not want to make some dummy data so for data Google Baba 🙂 helped me and found World Drug report of 2012. It basically analyses different type of drugs abuse cases across the continent.
Below are few of observations from the analysis
- Cannabis is the drug which is consumed in Majority across the world closely followed by Opiates/Cocaine
- Asia has got the highest number of people consuming different type of Drugs.
- Highest Number of people Using Cannabis belong Asia
- Americas region is highest consumer for drugs like opioids
- From the analysis its quiet clear that stringent measures needs to be taken by the Government of different countries belonging to Asia.
- Other regions also need to put a check on availability and consumption of the drugs.
- It has motivated me to write another blog analysing different countries where these drugs are produced and what steps they need to take.
I hope we all can contribute in whatever way we can to prevent these kinds of abuses. Its the responisbility of each and any every one of us.