Creating a connection to SAP HANA using Pentaho PDI
In this blog post we are going to learn how to create a HANA Database Connection within Pentaho PDI.
1) Go to SAP HANA CLIENT installation path and copy the “ngdbc.jar”
*You can get SAP HANA CLIENT & SAP HANA STUDIO from : https://hanadeveditionsapicl.hana.ondemand.com/hanadevedition/
2) Copy and paste the jar file to : <YourPentahoRootFolder>/data-integration/lib
3) Start Pentaho PDI and create a new Connection
* Make sure your JAVA_HOME environment variable is setting correctly.
4) Create a transformation, rick click on Database connection to create a new database connection
5) Select “Generic Database” connection type and Access as “Native(JDBC)”
6) Fill the following parameter on Settings
Connection Name: NAMEYOURCONNECTION
Custom Connection URL: jdbc:sap://YOUR_IP_ADDREES:30015
Custom Driver Class Name: com.sap.db.jdbc.Driver
User Name: YOURHANAUSER
7) Test your connection.
excellent contribution!!! thanks
I have followed the same steps to connect SAP HANA to Pentaho. But I am getting the below error message
" Driver class 'com.sap.db.jdbc.Driver' could not be found, make sure the 'Generic database' driver (jar file) is installed. com.sap.db.jdbc.Driver "
I have placed the ngdbc jar file into C:\pdi-ce-220.127.116.11-12\data-integration\lib but still getting the above error.
Could you please provide me some solution on how to resolve this issue.
Please re-run pentaho PDI.
Connect SAP HANA to Pentaho. Do we need to have development studio or private tenant? Thanks.
What do you mean with that? , you only need the “ngdbc.jar”, and the sql port number.
You can get port data from the adminsitration console perspective -> Landscape->Services->IndexService->SQLport