Each year around this time there are announcements about new mobile devices, new mobile operating systems and more. Only a few hours ago, Samsung made the press announcement ‘Inspired by Professionals and Built for Business, Samsung Unveils First B2B Tablet at IFA 2014’.
Here is the skinny on the new ruggedized tablet specifically designed for the enterprise and use in dynamic environments
- An anti-shock, protective cover that can withstand a 1.2-meter drop
- Water and dust resistance with IP67 certification
- A detachable battery providing 8-10 hour, long-lasting battery life
- A thin and light profile at 9.75mm thickness and 393 gram weight
- Built-in NFC
- 3.1MP Auto Focus
- Camera for barcode scanning
You can find the full product details for this new tablet on the Samsung website here.
SAP has worked with Samsung to ensure that our industry leading mobile asset management solutions are compatible with the Samsung Galaxy Tab Active. Apps from SAP including SAP Work Manager mobile app, SAP CRM Service Manager mobile app are pre-certified and able to run on the new tablet launched today. Together, SAP and Samsung offer a complete mobile EAM solution. Watch the video below to see how an end-to-end mobile asset management experience.