Data Provisioning using SAP Landscape Transformation Technique
There are several documents already available for understanding SAP LT Replication Server. In this document, I’ am going to explain the same concept in a simpler and shorter way.
Why we need SAP LT Replication Server ?
In today’s world, using SAP HANA, organizations can run their applications and analyse the data more quickly and efficiently. For leveraging the full benefits of SAP HANA we should have access to the most up to date business data. For this traditional data extractors won’t work because the data volumes are simply too large for real time replication. The solution is SAP LT Replication Server.
What is SAP LT Replication Server ?
SAP Landscape Transformation Replication Server offers real-time (and scheduled) replications of data with no limits to data volumes from either an SAP ERP system on traditional RDBMS or a non SAP system on traditional RDBMS to SAP HANA systems.
How does SAP LT Replication Server work ?
SAP LT Replication sits between the source system and target system. Source system can be either an SAP system or a non SAP system using traditional databases in which real-time transaction data is being entered. Target system is SAP HANA system or it can also be other system. It loads all the data from relevant source tables to SAP HANA. Then, if any data is subsequently added, deleted or updated, SLT Replication Server detects this delta information in the source system. In real time, then this delta information is replicated from SAP LT Replication Server to SAP HANA system.
Steps in Data Replication process using SAP LT Replication Server
1. Installation aspects
2. Configuring SAP LT Replication Server
- Define the parameters SAP LT Replication Server will use for data replication
- Define the connection to source system
- Define the connection to SAP HANA system
- Select replication mode (real time; frequency for scheduled replication)
3. Set up data replication
- Select the relevant source tables
- Start the data replication
Data will be automatically loaded from the source system. Once the data load is complete, any new or modified data in the source system is replicated to SAP HANA system in real-time.
Features of SAP LT Replication Server
- No impact on source system performance, regardless of the data sources involving.
- Multiple system connections: SAP LT Replication Server can be configured to connect multiple source systems into one or more SAP HANA systems.
- Comprehensive transformation functionality: This replication includes comprehensive mapping in transformation functiionality like scramble or filtering the data.
- It handles all SAP table formats including cluster and pool tables.
- It lets you centrally monitor the replication process and optimize performance
- It comes with mobile capability that can be run anytime, anywhere from a mobile device connected to the internet.
Advantages of SAP LT Replication Server
- Real-time Data Replication
Ex. To ensure reporting with recent business information
- Data Transformation while Replication in real-time
Ex. To change currencies
- Quick and Easy Installation and Configuration
- Adaptable to other targets
- Enabling us to leverage the full power of SAP HANA
- Fully integrated to SAP HANA
Since this is my first document pardon me for any mistakes & please help me to improve it.
Thanks & Regards
Other documents helpful for understanding SAP LT Replication Server