Yes, slowly but surely, TechEd is approaching. Last year was brilliant, so I am genuinely looking forward to this year’s big do.
Since NWBC 5.0 had not yet been released when we submitted the proposals, I couldn’t realistically offer a hands-on, but I will try to put as much useful info into the lecture. Also, it’s not just slides; I want to show as much as possible by demo or video. So here’s what’s on offer:
UX106 What’s New in NWBC
I will be focussing on:
– NWBC 5.0 + SAP GUI 7.40 – What does our long-promised “much closer integration” mean in practice? How does it improve experience for both admins and end users? I hope to blog about this, as soon as we go live (planned for early Q4, 2014) – but I think you will really see the power of this in the demo
– NWBC plus Fiori – how do they fit together – now and in the near future – also including a video
PLEASE NOTE: Since we only have an hour, I will not be covering the general introduction stuff – that will be in the Networking sessions (see below)
Berlin, November 11-13
L6, Hall 7.1 – New York 3
Speaker: Julie Plummer, SAP SE
NEW: EXP17822 Expert Networking Session: Ask Anything About NWBC
Ask anything! In this session, we will focus on the basics:
– what is NWBC, what are the main use cases?
– NWBC + SAP GUI – how do they work together, in general and NWBC 5.0 + SAP GUI 7.40?
– NWBC vs SAP GUI vs Portal – when to use what?
NOTE: My colleague Ralph Resech from the SAP GUI team will be joining me.
Tuesday, November 11, 2014
11:00 AM-11:30 AM
Expert Lounge EL 4.1, Hall 4.2
EXP 17636 Expert Networking Session: NWBC and the Business Suite (Berlin only)
Again, ask anything you like! Last year, we covered:
– differences between NWBC and SAP GUI / Portal (the answer to which is completely different)
– role management?
– diverse questions regarding Business Suite applications – side panels, POWLs, etc etc
My colleague Johannes Wasserfall, UX Expert from the Suite, will also be present at the networking session.
Thursday, 11-11:30 AM
Expert Lounge EL 4.2, Hall 4.2
Other sessions you might want to look out for:
TEC104 UX Strategy and Roadmap – Next Steps (Nis Boy Naeve)
UXP104 SAP Fiori Launchpad – An Overview (Johannes Wasserfall)
NEW: UXP110 The New SAP GUI for Windows 7.40… (Ralph Resech)
UXP200 Overview: SAP UI Technologies and When to Choose What (also Johannes Wasserfall)
UXP261 Simplify Development with Web Dynpro ABAP and FPM (Dirk Becker)
SEC832 Road Map Q&A: SAP Single Sign-On (Michael Friedrich)
I’ll update this blog as soon as more info is available.
For general TechEd information, see here: Home | SAP TechEd && d-code Global
Hope to see some of you in November !