Freescale Semiconductor is a global leader in embedded processing solutions for the automotive, networking, industrial, and consumer markets, with headquarters in Austin, Texas and more than 18,000 employees.
At SAPPHIRE NOW 2014 Cheryl Sutton from Freescale gave a great presentation about the implementation of SAP Screen Personas. This is part of a transformational initiative, targeting to modernize user systems and to improve simplification, speed, and user experience. SAP Personas allows Freescale to customize the functionality and the look and feel of transactions to better meet the individual users’ needs.
Freescale has used SAP Screen Personas to
- optimize and streamline transactions by hiding unnecessary screen controls, adding custom controls, changing field and button labels and rearranging fields,
- modify the color schemes and add images to match the company branding,
- create user launchpads as central starting points for different transactions,
- use scripting to simplify transaction flows, and to
- read data from different sources and present this data on one screen.
Cheryl Sutton presented a nice example for the latter: HR master data information from 19 different SAP standard screens now is presented on one new screen, created using SAP Screen Personas. This takes 6 seconds to render, compared to 3-4 minutes that it took the user before to collect the same information.
170 happy users currently are using the new screens.
See the complete presentation here.