Sharing an HANA XS access issue I faced recently on one of the HANA standalone appliance box.
Unable to login to XS Administration Tool, or any other HANA XS application for that matter.
Simulate the error:
- Access the XS engine URL http://<hostname>:<port>/sap/hana/xs/admin
- Enter user credentials.
Once the user-credentials are entered and clicked on button Login, nothing happens. The browser hangs..
Use Chrome’s Developer tool to capture error; in my case got following error:
http://<hostname>:<port>/sap/hana/xs/formLogin/login.xscfunc 500 (Internal Server Error)
- Apart from this very generic error, I was unable to find any other traces / error logs.
- User-id has all relevant (and probably more!) XS roles.
- Refer SAP Note 2039240
- In HANA configuration ini file xsengine.ini –> for parameter application_list –> add value libxsauthenticator
- In my case this did not work, as not all other parameters were present. Hence, restored the default value of the parameter