Prof. Zhu from Tongji University, Software School was invited to join DT Coach Camp last week with many experienced DT Coaches from Labs China, at the end of the Coach Camp, participants have enhanced DT coaching skills, a deeper and wider DT method competence, and improved soft skills particularly in some aspects of team work.
The particpants work in teams on a real Design Challenge over 5 days, supervised by experienced senior coaches. During this time, each
participant gets the chance to take over the role of a team-coach during a certain DT phase. These coaching experiences are followed by entensive feedback from team members, and the senior coach. This enables the participants to learn from experience and observation.
Besides deepening the coaching experience for known DT methods, the class provides an opportunity to:
– exchange on coaching best-practices with peers
– learn about successful DT projects
– extend the own DT toolkit with advanced DT (coaching) tools
– practice related tools such as Business Model Canvas and User Story Mapping
– improve on soft skills such as team building, team work, giving and receiving feedback, moderation and time keeping, dealing with ambiguity.