8 Professors from 6 UA schools attended the SAP Forum for Public Services, New Delhi on 13th August.Their was a participation of over 1000
delegates(customers, prospects and partner ecosystem) at the event. The theme for the fourth edition of the SAP Forum for Public Services was ‘Good Governance Today for a Progressive Tomorrow’, focusing on how SAP can partner and help the government in its priorities for a progressive India.
A few of the Key highlights of the event are captured below:
- There were1064 attendees at the SAP Forum, from over 350 unique Government entities & partners.
- The SAP Forum – Public Services was officially supported by Department of Electronics and Information technology, Government of India for the fourth year in a row.
- The event started with a welcome by Rajesh Kumar, Head of Marketing, SAP Indian subcontinent in the Indian National Language “Hindi”.
- The keynote from Ravi Chauhan, MD, SAP Indian subcontinent focused on the task ahead for India as a nation and highlighted the need for Minimum Government and Maximum Governance. He also outlined the need to leverage Information Technology as a Force Multiplier.
- Adaire Fox-Martin, President, SAP APJ – in her fourth consecutive year as the Keynote Speaker shared her insights on how SAP can help the public sector Simplify, Innovate and Grow in an environment challenged continually by disruption.
- The Chief Guest this year was Mr. Piyush Goyal, Union Minister of State, Power, Coal and New & Renewable Energy, Government of India. He addressed the audience on Government’s Development agenda for Sustainable Social & Economic Growth. This signals the growing strength and relevance of the SAP Forum for Public Services brand amongst the stakeholders. Four years back we had a Joint Secretary in the Indian Administrative Service deliver the Guest Address. Last year we had a Cabinet Ranked member in Dr. M S Ahluwalia, the Head of India’s policy think-tank – the Planning Commission. In 2014 it was a Union Minister.
- The second keynote session address was delivered by Dr. Arun Shourie, Economist, Journalist, Author and Politician on the changing world we have to face, and how to face it.
- Their was a very engaging Panel Discussion hosted by Mr. Deb Deep Sengupta, COO, SAP Indian Subcontinent with the customers and Muktesh
K. Pardeshi, IAS, Joint Secretary (e-Gov) Ministry of External affairs Mr. Vivek Puthucode, General Manager – Public Services & Healthcare, APJ
- Industry Sessions: SAP Forum had 6 parallel industry tracks on the key themes of Public Sector Enterprises, Utilities, Oil & Gas, e-Governance,
Urban Matters, Public Healthcare and BFSI. Making a mark in these industry sessions was the great representation by customers showcasing their SAP success stories.
The UA team guided the professors at various technology sessions and booths showcasing how technologies like SAP HANA, Mobility, Lumira have helped customers take better business decisions.