Attachment multiple upload
- 1. Enhance UI component view GS_CM/DocList
- 2. Create new UI component ZUPLOAD.
- 3. Create and implement SICF node
- Useful tools during my development of this prototype
- Limitations of this prototype
Recently several customers have asked for multiple attachment upload functionality in CRM. As current UI component GS_CM does not support this, I have built a simple prototype to achieve it. Although the UI does not look so good, it could fundamentally support multiple attachment upload at the same time.
How does this prototype looks like
I have created a new button in UI component GS_CM:
Once clicked, there will be a new popup:
Click button “Choose Files”, and you can select multiple files from your local disk using Ctrl key:
once done, it will shows 4 files are selected with each file name:
Click “Upload” button and wait for a while, the successful upload information is displayed:
And the four files just uploaded are now displayed in Attachment assignment block.
How does the prototype work
The major steps to finish this prototype are listed below.
1. Enhance UI component view GS_CM/DocList
Create a new event handler EH_ON_MULTIPLEUPLOAD.
METHOD eh_on_multipleupload. DATA: lr_popup TYPE REF TO if_bsp_wd_popup. DATA: lv_product_guid TYPE string. lv_product_guid = me->typed_context->cmbusobj->collection_wrapper->get_current( )->get_property_as_string( 'INSTID' ). cl_zupload_main_impl=>product_guid = lv_product_guid. lr_popup = me->comp_controller->window_manager->create_popup( iv_interface_view_name = 'ZUPLOAD/MainWindow' iv_usage_name = 'ZUPLOAD' iv_title = 'Multiple Upload' ). lr_popup->set_display_mode( if_bsp_wd_popup=>c_display_mode_plain ). lr_popup->set_window_width( 700 ). lr_popup->set_window_height( 700 ). lr_popup->open( ). ENDMETHOD.
1. in Event handler implementation, it is necessary to pass the guid of current product to the multiple file upload popup view. The offical way to pass this argument is via contenxt node binding. Since this is a prototype, I just achieve this by storing the product guid to a static attribute ( cl_zupload_main_impl=>product_guid ) of popup view controller.
2. UI component view ZUPLOAD/MainWindow contains the major logic to support multiple upload, which we will create later.
Create a new button in GS_CM/DocList
Append the following code to method CL_GS_CM_DOCLIST_IMPL~FILL_BUTTONS:
* MULTIPLE UPLOAD ENHANCEMENT - BEGIN * Separator CLEAR ls_button. ls_button-type = cl_thtmlb_util=>gc_separator. APPEND ls_button TO gt_button. CLEAR ls_button. ls_button-id = 'newMultiple'. "#EC NOTEXT ls_button-type = cl_thtmlb_util=>gc_icon_new. ls_button-text = 'Multiple upload'. ls_button-on_click = 'multipleUpload'. "#EC NOTEXT ls_button-enabled = lv_enabled. APPEND ls_button TO gt_button. * MULTIPLE UPLOAD ENHANCEMENT - End
Add component usage to ZUPLOAD.
Since now component ZUPLOAD does not exist, you can do this step later when you have finished the component creation.
2. Create new UI component ZUPLOAD.
Create a new UI component ZUPLOAD and a new view, paste the source code from document attachment “ZUPLOAD_main.html” to the view.
Brief explanation on the design of ZUPLOAD/main.htm
2.1 a control to support multiple file selection
We enable multiple file selection by using control input with attribute “multiple” equals to true. For more detail about this, please google with keyword “html5 fileupload multiple”. For sure if you need to use this multiple upload functionality, you must use a browser which supports this html5 tag attribute, like Chrome.
line 106: onchange=”printFiles(this.files)”: once files are selected, this function is called to display the name of chosen files.
line 108: onclick=”my_upload(<%= lv_uuid %>);”: once clicked, this function will submit the file upload request to ABAP server
2.2 populate the url to be sent to ABAP server
2.3 submit file upload request via HTTP Post
3. Create and implement SICF node
After the HTTP post is sent to ABAP server, the SICF node will actually pick up this request and create attachment accordingly.
Create a new ICF node under path /default_host/sap/crm:
Currently I just hard code the BOR type BUS1178 for product in the implementation, feel free to change it to other BOR type if necessary.
Activate SICF node and now this prototype is ready to use.
Useful tools during my development of this prototype
1. Chrome F12 development tool
Limitations of this prototype
2. currently after the multiple upload popup is closed, the attachment assignment block is not automatically refreshed. We need to navigate to other UI and back in order to see the latest uploaded files through this prototype.
3. existing feature like Authorization Scope is not integrated in this prototype. ( this is technically feasible and not difficult ).
4. the UI look-and-feel is not so consistent with SAP CRM UI.
Great document! Thank you Jerry..
Thank you Jerry
interesting blog! It will definitely help a lot of people, and SAP customers, to work even faster with their CRM implementation. Hope some day it will be integrated into SAP Standard.
A while ago I created a simple multi uploader for CRM. I choose to integrate it in the GSCM component as well, but in the Upload file popup. One problem I struggled with was the ability to select multiple files at once. This was due to Internet Explorers lack of support.
In your Screenshots I saw that you are using Google Chrome. Did you try Internet Explorer as well? How did you get the multi file selection to work? Everywhere I looked on the Internet I read that it could not be done without Flash or Silverlight.
the multiple upload is enabled for end user via the attribute "multiple" of input tag which is available in all browsers which support html5, see explanation in this link: http://www.w3schools.com/tags/att_input_multiple.asp
If you use IE 10, it should work:
I am english is very pool.
“And the four files just uploaded are now displayed in Attachment assignment block”.
where did you used zcl_file_upload and its Methods in this prototype?
you could find them in attachment of this document.
Upload Button is not responding.
After impingement all above steps , when I choose files , a messages is appeared as jpg is xxx.jpg ready for upload. But when clicked on Upload Button , no response. Any idea?
i am not able to find any attachments in this blog document. Could you please provide the attachments.
SAP has provided this functionality as an improvement. Please see note 2165394 - Multiple File Upload via Drag and Drop for further details.
Beautiful... logically structured with all details...Cheers Jerry!