How to install SAP Mobile Platform Tools for Integration Gateway in Eclipse IDE
<<Update : SMP Tools plugin version 1.7.1 has been released with latest release of SMP 3.0 SP11 server but in Eclipse MARS>>
Integration Gateway plugins support for Eclipse LUNA/Kepler is no more there.
So what is next? Now, SAP has come up with new SAP Mobile Platform tools in Eclipse MARS. How to add it?
- Make sure you have downloaded and installed latest Java (JDK or JRE – 32 bit/64 bit based on your OS configuration)
2. Download and extract latest Eclipse MARS Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers | Packages
Note: If you are accessing external URL using any proxy server, make sure to set those settings in eclipse kepler as well. Check “How to resolve this issue?” section in this blog. Do it for both HTTP & HTTPS.
3. Start Eclipse > Help>Install New Software
- Add this URL SAP Development Tools for Eclipse – Mars Software Repository
- Select “SAP Mobile Platform Tools”
- Click on “Next”
Note: Check SAP Development Tools for Eclipse for more info
- Accept License Agreement, Click on “Finish“
- Restart the eclipse.
4. Go to Preferences>SAP Mobile Platform Tools
- Provide valid SMP 3.0 server URL (https://smpserverip:port), SMP admin credentials
- Test Connection
1. To Crate a OData project, select File>New>SAP Mobile Platform OData Implementation Project
2. Select Model content as required:
1. While setting up SMP server settings in Preferences, If i pass URL as https://smpserverIPAddress:8083 (even SMP server complete host name) it gives an error saying “Error during processing request on Operations server“.
Seems network proxy issue. Make sure to change proxy settings under Windows>Preferences>Network Connections How to bypass proxy settings in SMP workspace for connecting any public Web Service within corporate Network
2.. If a project name is like “ICRA_V1.1” then you can not deploy it to SMP server (SP03 PL02). As it says ”
Special Characters are not allowed in the Name“. But if i replace 1.1 as 11, it works.
Note: This issue has been resolved in latest release of SMP 3.0 SP04 PL01
How to update SMP Tools Plugins: Help menu>Install New Update
Reference Videos: (By Bjoern Woppmann Product Manager for SAP Gateway)
Video 1: Introduction to SAP Mobile Platform Tools
Videos 2 – 6:
- Install the SMP Tools (2:16)
- Create a new OData Implementation Project (3:03)
- Important an existing (GWPA) Project (2:17)
- Leverage Usability Improvements (2:19)
- Custom Coding using JS and Groovy (8:30)
Online: SAP HANA Cloud Documentation
Offline : Eclipse Kepler Help menu > Help contents
Hope you will find it useful.