This guide is written with an intention to help those who are trying to Install SAP GUI 7.30 in Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks platform and ended up with installing Windows OS in Mac machines due to limited information availability related to Mac & Java configuration.
- Installer of SAP GUI 7.30 for Java enviroment
- Java 7 for OS X (Link : http://www.java.com/en/download/help/mac_install.xml)
- Pre-installed Mac OS X Mavericks 10.9.4.
- Uninstall the currently installed Java version from mac OS X Mavericks
- Restart mac and follow given instructions
- Open ‘system preferences’ > ‘user & groups’ > create ‘new account’
- Logon to the new user.
- Download the mentioned version of “Java for OS X 10.9 OR above
- Close all running applications/browser
- Install downloaded Java 7
- Install SAP GUI (SAPGUI for Java 7.30)
- Restart your mac
- Logon to the ‘new user’
- Launch the ‘SAPGUI 7.30app’
Thank you !
JAVA® is a registered trademarks of Sun Microsystems.
SAP® is the registered trademark of SAP SE in Germany and in several other countries.
Mac and OS X are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
All content provided on this post is for informational purposes only. The owner of this blog makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. The owner will not be liable for any errors or omissions in this information nor for the availability of this information. The owner will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information. These terms and conditions of use are subject to change at anytime and without notice.