How-to Load a File into BW-Integrated Planning (Version 3)
Hello Friends of Integrated Planning,
thank you very much for all the feedback I received on the File Upload/Download how-to over the past years. I have great news: Basically every development request has been implemented! Yes, this means that there is a big load of new features available with version 3. Upload and download of CSV files and a new user interface that allows the preview of the file and plan data before you save it are just two of the highlights. The new version is also compatible with SAP BW 7.4.
Minimum release to use the new version is SAP BW 7.30.
You can download the complete how-to guide as well as the solution from SAP Note 2053696.
The following list shows the changes and enhancements in version 3 compared to the previously published version 2.4:
- Enabled conversion exit in variable screen
- Removed context info from message output (can be enabled again with show_messages parameter)
- Added search help for all selection fields including special characteristics like fiscal period
- Added check that 0INFOPROV must be filled for uploads on MultiProviders
- Support for CSV format for upload and download (new parameters for data separator and escape character)
- Improved auto-detection of file format
- Added info messages to display version and detected file format
- New parameter for checking for duplicate records
- New parameter to define display of +/- sign for download
- New and improved alternative user interface
- Function to generate the required master data for ZIP_* InfoObjects
- Added BADI for performing custom transformations during upload and download
- Integrated File Upload/Download with Report-Report-Interface
- New parameter setting for download to select field description instead of technical name in header line
- Automatic recognition of UTF byte-order-mark during upload
- Added ready-for-input variables for all parameters
- Added support for XLS format for upload with SAPGUI- Added load from application server which enables upload from Analysis Office
- Minimum release increased to SAP BW 7.30- File Upload is now supported for SAP BW 7.40
- Updated screen shots to show GUI-based planning modeler and web-based file upload/download application
- Added enhancement to support F4-BADI- Added option to sort variables on selection screen
- New option to display instructions and support information to end-users
- Added support for formula variables- New option to set maximum number of visible messages in log
- Added support for exit variables which are ready for input
- Download of key figures other than “Amount” or “Quantity” will take “Decimal” setting in to consideration when using “Convert Fields” option
- Improved error message in case of character format/encoding issues- Added detection of incorrect field separator (semicolon instead of comma and vice versa)
- New Standard File Upload functionality
- Support for Advanced DataStore Objects for SAP BW powered by SAP HANA
- Added link to documentation of BW workspace solution as standard alternative to this how-to solution- Included chapter in documentation about required authorizations
- Support for upload and downloading comments (characteristics as key figures)- Improved error messages when uploading files in CSV and TXT format
- Added option to sort columns of data preview (file preview is always sorted the same as the file format)- Added optional URL parameters for defining maximum number of visible rows for file and data previews
- Added optional URL parameter for displaying “logoff” button and redirecting to a target URL after logoff
Here are a few screen shots of the version 3 user interface (Note: The old UI is still available in the version 3 transport). For more details, please refer to the how-to guide (see “Download” section above).
File Upload Selection Screen:
File Upload Preview Screen:
File Download Selection Screen:
File Download Preview Screen:
As always, I appreciate your feedback. It’s as simple as adding a comment to this blog.
Enjoy the new File Upload and Download for BW-Integrated Planning!