It’s time! It’s that time of the year when geeks rule and the audience drools! Having been hailed as the “American Idol for Geeks” this is the ultimate geek competition; your chance to bust out your coolest hacks and show the world that you have what it takes to control the stage in front of the entire SAP TechEd && d-code around the world!
Everyone can sign up, for full information on the event check here.
We of course have some rules and guidelines but for the most part ANYTHING GOES!
Rules for DemoJam
- No sales presentations allowed. Violators will have their names and photos posted on Twitter with hashtag #missedthepoint.
- Make sure your demo is original. Show us something that solves a real problem and could benefit SAP customers. And use at least one SAP technology or application in the demo.
- The demo code must run. PowerPoint slides won’t cut it.
- Keep it short – six minutes max.
- Choose no more than two people to demo your code.
- A maximum of two people may present the demo onstage.
- There are two ways SAP employees can participate in DemoJam:
- 1. If they created a demo in collaboration with an SAP customer, SAP partner, or an external individual or organization not linked to SAP
- 2. If they created a demo during one of the several official SAP hackathon or coding challenges throughout the year.
We’ve seen some crazy things over the years (over 10 years now in the running) from treadmills on stage to drones to virtual reality to augmented reality. Bring it if you think you can!
- Submit a screen cam of your demo with voiceover. We will not consider demos without voiceover or those longer than 6 minutes. Note: Your demo screen cam will be made publicly available for viewing.
- Indicate the SAP TechEd && d-code 2014 event(s) where you’d like to compete (if selected, you may compete in all three):
Las Vegas, October 20–24
Berlin, November 11–13
- Finalists get two complimentary SAP TechEd && d-code 2014 Full Conference registrations. All travel expenses are the responsibility of the competitor.
- Submit your demo by Wednesday, September 10.
- If you created a demo during an “official” SAP InnoJam, coding challenge, or hackathon at SAP or with SAP during 2014, you’re in luck: Entries in these events will receive +1 bonus point during the selection process. Entries that won one of those events will receive +2 bonus points. Demos created at these events therefore have a higher chance of being chosen to compete at DemoJam, although selection is not guaranteed.
Our selection committee is anonymous, we won’t share their names BUT I can assure you – “they walk among you” and are not just SAP employees!