This is my first Blog, so if I don’t articulate properly please pardon me .</p>
Recently I worked in a project which involved Migrating the few tables and stored procedures from Sybase ASE database to HANA Database.
ASE adheres to TSQL standard and HANA adheres to ANSCII standard. So the Migration involved lot of changes in the HANA Stored procedures. I would like to highlight few of the most important changes:
1) Cursor with parameter within a cursor is not accepted. so as a work around I have changed the code as below:
2) Cursor variables doesn’t require “:”
3) System is not allowing to access the Cursor in any Concat operation
4) Functions have to be used in select statements cannot be assigned directly to a variable.
5)Null handling inside the Arithmetic functions is not necessary.
6)Domains have to be changed to Local Data Type
7)Mixed Cases (Lower & Upper) have to be handled in “ ”.
Here the column name unitized_flag is maintained in lower case in table itself.
8)In control flow statements like “IF” Range comparison is not allowed(between, In)
9)Error Handling via Exit Handler
10) In Dynamic construct have to use “||” instead of “+”
11) Update from multiple tables has to be changed
12) IS Null has to be changed to If Null
13) Function Convert to Cast
14)Date functions have to be adjusted
15)Recompile should be changed to Alter procedure recompile
16)Case statements within a procedure not allowed
This CASE has to be taken outside and converted to IF.
17)Identity in DDL has to be changed to Sequences.
18) Calling procedure with NULL is not allowed it has to be replaced with calling with string “NULL”
I hope this Blog is useful for some Data Migration Projects