Those of you paying close attention may have noticed a subtle change to the website for SAP’s premier tech education event. We’re more prominently featuring the SAP TechEd name alongside d-code. (Please note: the double ampersand (&&) connecting the two isn’t a typo; it’s very intentional. But more on that later….)
SAP has been delivering world-class tech training and education for IT professionals – both beginners and pros – through the SAP TechEd conference series for nearly two decades. That tradition continues this year, and the SAP TechEd name is a nod to that heritage.
But it’s more than just a name. The SAP TechEd && d-code conference will continue to deliver the deep dive technical content you’ve come to expect — through hands-on workshops, demo-rich lectures, product road map Q&As, and expert networking sessions. IT professionals of all backgrounds can take advantage of thousands of hours of educational content across nine tracks and 35 subtracks featuring topics including in-memory computing, Big Data, real-time analytics, cloud management and security, SAP HANA, mobility, and IT simplification.
But we’re also adding some exciting new elements to the program, designed to get key SAP technologies directly into the hands of attendees. We want to teach past, present, and future developers how they can use SAP technologies and platforms to build the next generation of apps and solutions with us. To that end, we’re introducing new experiences for live coding and collaboration with SAP experts.
- Developer Garage: Bring your laptop and get expert assistance downloading and installing the latest SAP development tools and environments. We’ll have pros on hand to help you get up and running.
- Code Review Sessions: Explore real world examples of good and bad code, and learn tips and techniques to ensure the code you write is secure, readable, and efficient.
- SAP CodeJam (mini editions): Back – and bigger – by popular demand! Meet one-on-one with SAP development experts, connect with other developers, share knowledge, and of course, write code.
- Hackers’ Lounge: Meet with SAP developers and designers while you play with a variety of toys and tools that showcase new and innovative uses for SAP technologies.
- Hacker Night: The return of an old favorite. We’ll bring the power, Internet, food, and booze. You bring your laptops and great ideas. Together, we’ll build something amazing.
As for the double ampersand? Along with the d-code name, it’s a nod to the software developers in our audience. As some of our followers have noted on Twitter, the double ampersand is commonly used in the world of software development and is the code syntax used to denote the word “and.” You’ll find other examples used throughout the conference web site, as well as at the live events this fall.
Another recent change of note is the hashtag for the conference. We thought about using the full conference name, but at 17 characters, that’s 12% of a single Tweet! Instead, we opted for brevity — #SAPtd. So join the conversation through our social media channels and let us know what you think about this year’s program so far.
And if you haven’t yet registered, time is running out to save! The early bird deadline is Friday, August 1, after which rates go up $200 for Las Vegas and €150 for Berlin. Our Full Conference option includes access to everything the program has to offer – keynotes, lectures, hands-on workshops, and more. Once again, we’re offering our popular Group Discount package (Buy 4, Get 5) for teammates from the same company.
And new this year, we’ve added a one-day Show Floor Only registration option. For those of you who’ve been unable to attend each year due to cost, or for your friends and colleagues who’ve never attended but are curious to learn more about the world of SAP technology, we hope this option makes it easier to justify a trip to Las Vegas or Berlin this fall!
We hope to see you there!