SAP Fiori – SAP Fiori launchpad troubleshooting
Please feel free to update this document and share your findings and tips.
After you have updated UI_Add-on, please double check following points.
1. Double check the latest SP and mandatory notes.
- SAP Fiori – UI Add-on 740 SP15 notes list, SAPUI5 library 1.28.31
- SAP Fiori – UI Add-on 750 SP03 notes list, SAPUI5 library 1.36.6
- Fiori runtime error $select $filter value is cut off on SAP_GWFND SP13
2. Make sure that you have configured the launchpad
- Configuration of SAP Fiori Infrastructure – SAP Library
- Double check you have assigned system alias LOCAL to the UI OData services. Activate OData Services for SAP Fiori Launchpad – Configuration of SAP Fiori Infrastructure – SAP Library
- SAP Fiori LL18 – System Aliases definition for Fiori
- SAP Fiori LL20 – Role and Authorization settings for SAP Fiori launchpad
- These transaction can help you for checking objects in launchpad
- /UI2/FLC – Fiori Launchpad Checks
- /UI2/FLIA – Fiori Launchpad Intent Analysis
3. Clear metadata cache
- Transaction: /IWFND/CACHE_CLEANUP on Gateway
- Transaction: /IWBEP/CACHE_CLEANUP on Backend and Gateway
- 2017117 – Resetting the gateway metadata cache following UI add-on upgrade
4. Clear local browser cache
This is very important.
5. Clear the server side caches
6. Test without Custom Theme. Theme should be rebuilt.
First, test launchpad without custom theme. You should see deep blue background color.
If it works fine, rebuild your custom theme and test.
7. Synchronize chip cache
Run the report /UI2/CHIP_SYNCHRONIZE_CACHE. Make sure there is no error in the table /UI2/CHIP_CHDR
Run the report /UI2/DELETE_CACHE_AFTER_IMP.
8. If you still get “Unable to load groups” error, re-activate the OData services
9. If 1-8 steps did not help, Check troubleshooting steps