This question must be familiar to anybody who has ever attended a planning meeting.
What this implies is that planning is still a batch based process that renders
a different outcome every time it runs, depending on the data it is based on. If
you are trying to run a Sales and Operations Planning process across several
departments, this situation gets worse, because you have to deal with multiple,
disparate data sources, different aggregation levels of reports and planning
cadences that are not aligned. Add “offline” collaboration over email,
spreadsheets and presentations to the mix and it becomes obvious, why many
customers are not able to operate at the speed their business reality requires.
Quoting a study by Aberdeen (Aberdeen, 2012: S&OP, A Critical Process for Superior Performance),
56% of non-best-in-class companies are working on establishing a formalized S&OP process
while only 35% of best-in-class companies do so, indicating that the majority of these companies
already have one in place.
In the High Tech world demand is volatile, supply chains complex, and disruptions frequent.
You need to be able to create a single, achievable “plan of truth” against which you can execute and
which can be rapidly adjusted when needed. The pressure for more speed across the end-to-end
supply chain is increasing and High Tech companies must be able to respond.
With SAP Sales and Operations Planning, we are offering a solution that tackles all these challenges:
- A business process Layer to support and enforce a structured, formalized S&OP process,
- A holistic HANA based data model, including supply chain, sales and financial planning to provide a single,
unified data foundation
- Sophisticated Demand and finite Supply Planning capabilities
- An analytical component that lets business users create ad-hoc reports based on the most current data
- Real time simulations that re-evaluates whole planning scenarios on the fly
- Executive Dashboards and decision support functionalities
- An integrated collaboration tool that allows all stakeholders to exchange information and communicate,
also documenting the decision making process for later review.
Please visit the S&OP homepage to find everything you need to learn about this solution.
S&OP is the core component of the new SAP Integrated Business Planning Solution
SAP has recently introduced its next generation of supply chain software,
the new SAP Integrated Business Planning solution, which comprises
SAP Integrated Business Planning for sales and operations,
SAP Integrated Business Planning for inventory,
SAP Integrated Business Planning for supply and
SAP Supply Chain Control Tower.
with more components to be release in Q4 2014 and during 2015.
This new breed of supply chain software is built from scratch on a single data model, to be able to manage
the end-to-end supply and demand network, with the speed of the SAP HANA platform and fast adoption through SAP Cloud.