SAP EWM for Fashion – the next generation fashion logistic solution
SAP Extended Warehouse Management for Fashion has been recently validated for the newest EWM release 9.1. I’d like to take this opportunity to inform you about the key features and great benefits of the solution.
SAP Extended Warehouse Management for Fashion enables customers in the fashion industry using the SAP Apparel and Footwear Solution (AFS) to optimize their warehouse processes with the best-in-class warehouse management application SAP Extended Warehouse Management (EWM). AFS is a highly integrated and comprehensive solution developed by SAP and industry leaders to address the particular needs of today’s and tomorrow’s apparel and footwear industry. SAP EWM for Fashion integrates the advantages from SAP Industry Solution (IS) AFS into the Supply Chain Management EWM. SAP EWM for Fashion is a bundle of standard EWM solution and the integration to SAP IS AFS.
Prerequisite SAP Components & Releases
- SAP SCM (EWM) 7.01 and above
- ERP AFS 6.5 SP1 and above
In a nutshell SAP EWM for Fashion offers the following benefits to AFS customer:
- Seamless integration the AFS master data into EWM
- Seamless integration the AFS transaction data into EWM.
- Managing and tracking logistics execution processes at SKU level
- Flexible, automated support for processing various goods movements and for managing stocks in a warehouse at Batch (SKU) level.
- Labor management, slotting, advanced optimization techniques and advanced connection to automation in one solution
- Out of the Box Material flow system integration for managing fully automated warehouses
Integration of fashion master and transactional data from AFS to EWM
During distribution of AFS master data to EWM the SKU attributes (Grid Value Stock category, Season , Collection and Theme are replicated into EWM as batch characteristics . Moreover the SKU weight and volume attributes are also replicated. This data is stored as batches and batch characteristics in EWM and can be used for warehouse processes such as picking or putaway strategies. In addition also the EAN information, allowing multiple EAN per product, will be available.
On delivery level the SKU (batch characteristics) and the AFS VAS information is replicated from IS-AFS into EWM . This data can be utilized for VAS activities in EWM that provide tangible additional value to the customer. On goods receipt and issue postings in EWM, the standard AFS-VAS billing is triggered via AFS delivery in AFS.
To support efficient warehouse processes EAN tables from AFS will be replicated into EWM. More than one EAN is possible for a unit of measure in EWM which allows easier identification of each SKU.
Warehouse specific master data has been enhanced in order to steer processes on SKU (batch) level. In particular the following processes are possible.
- Finer control of Put-away and stock removal strategies at SKU (Batch) level
- Fixed bin assignment for SKU (batches).
- Put-away control indicator and Storage section indicator for SKU (Batch)
- Replenishment strategy for Product and SKU (batch) combination.
- Physical inventory counting using the Batches.
Overall EWM for Fashion offers a comprehensive AddOn to standard EWM, especially for customers that are using AFS and are aiming for the next generation logistic solution.