Impressions of our first meet-up of the “Open Source in Big Companies” series .. and upcoming activities!
As part of our increased OpenSource activities we organized our first meet-up of the “Open Source in Big Companies” series this Wednesday! I’d like to share some impressions with you guys:
- we had two speakers joining our meet-up – one of them was external
- the atmosphere was great, many participants asked detailed questions
- out of 75 RSVPs, 18 participants showed up for this very first meet-up
- we received 13 survey results and will pivot over the meet-up format AND keep beer and pizza – as requested 😉
- participants from various companies like VMWare, HP and (obviously) SAP were present
- based on the feedback, almost everyone liked the presentations. Some wished for demos/running code of example projects
If you were not able to attend the first meet-up you can find the slides of the talks(slideshare) below. Big thanks to our speakers for the effort to come up with such interesting talks!
- Sanjay Patil (SAP): OpenSource in Enterprise Software
- Stefano Maffulli (OpenStack Foundation): How Big Companies Contribute to OpenSource
Increased OpenSource activities…?
Yes, besides this meet-up series, we became a Gold Sponsor of OSCON for the very first time in SAP history! OSCON is the annual open-source convention organized by O”Reilly. With over 3000 attendees and hundreds of sessions/tutorials, this is one of the biggest events for the OpenSource community worldwide! This year, we’ll have the first SAP booth at the OSCON – #706. So, if you plan to attend this convention, you’re very welcome to stop by and check out about our open source initiatives like OpenUI5 or Review.Ninja! Also, if you didn’t got your pass yet, use our promotional code (“EXPOFREE”) to get a free pass!
Why ist booth #706 worth a visit?
To give participants the best booth experience, we will have experts/developers of OpenUI5 (Andreas Kunz, Frederic Berg and DJ Adams), Ninja.Review (David Farr), the Developer Relations team (Thomas Grassl, Inga Bereza, and me) as well as our OpenSource expert Sanjay Patil at the booth!
July 21 (Monday), 9am: Discover OpenUI5 – The New Web UI library from SAP
Frederic Berg (SAP AG)
July 22 (Tuesday), 10:40am: Open Source in Enterprise Software
Sanjay Patil (SAP)
July 22 (Tuesday), 5pm: OpenUI5 – The New Responsive Web UI Library
Still not convinced?
Okay, even in that case we have something very cool to offer: We will raffle one brand new LG-G watch! All you need to do is to participate in the OpenUI5 tutorial.
Oh, and if you just want to play Pac-Man – we got you covered! We will have a OpenUI5 based Pac-Man competition! Score the most and win cool prizes at our booth!
We’re looking forward to meet you at booth #706 at the OSCON to talk about exciting OpenSource initiatives within SAP!
The Developer Relations Team