“SIMPLICITY IS THE ULTIMATE SOPHISTICATION”, said LEONARDO DA VINCI.
Thanks to our field IT staff doing support in more than 200 SAP locations worldwide we constantly have our finger on the pulse of the SAP employees. After empowerment of our sales team with mobile devices, showcasing SAP Runs SAP with the implementation of Afaria in 2011 along with increasing consumerization of IT, we have seen an upcoming need for secure document management via mobile devices.
Since existing cloud solutions weren’t secure enough for enterprise usage, we’ve seized the opportunity and initiated a SAP-IT project called SAPBox. A first demo release has been rolled out as desktop and mobile application for document management and file sharing in 2012. Since then, many new enhancements were realized to complete the solution:
- Share documents between devices, colleagues and external contacts in a simple and intuitive way
- Every employee has 2 GB of cloud storage, more storage space were available if require
- Available for iPad&iPhone,Android, Blackberry
- Access from Internet Explorer, Windows (W7/W8) or Mac
- Offline mode makes it possible to view files without access to the internet
- Real time PDF conversion
- Offline Favorites
- Replaced SAPMats in September 2013 with an easy-to-use Outlook Add-In automatically handling large attachments
The “Think Mobile First – Oscars 2013” awards were held in May and the SAP Box application picked up two “Oscars” in the categories “Best Consumer Grade Experience” and “People’s Choice Award”.
More than 50,000+ SAP users + 14.000+ externals were finally using SAP Box.
SAP-IT’s experience and knowledge led to the successful co-innovation with SAP’s Product Development Team, to strengthen SAP’s Mobile Documents solution. This solution has been launched at the Mobile World Congress in February 2013 and now SAP Mobile Documents was recently rolled out for all internal SAP users as an application, demonstrating the full innovative power of the latest SAP HANA cloud and mobile technology. It is also available to SAP customers as cloud or on premise model.
Neverthelessthis deliverable proves SAP-IT to be an innovation engine, it’s great Showcase for SAP Runs SAP and an excellent cross-collaboration between our business units, which we are very proud of.