SAP Mobile Platform 3.0 Training for Solution Architects
Hello SAP Mobile Platform 3.0 Community:
Solution Architects and solution leaders need to learn how to architect customer specific solutions, so that developers, designers, and administrators can then build them. To help Solution Architects achieve a greater degree of success with scope, design and blueprinting a mobile solution, SAP Education has just released SMP140: SAP Mobility for Application Architects, which is a three-day (3) course that covers SAP Mobile Platform and other ancillary, mobile-centric solutions – SAP Gateway and SAP Fiori, for example. While solution architects may have a good grasp of the currently available SAP Mobile Platform solutions, it is an important factor that architects also need more than a casual understanding of each component. Solution architects are required to know exactly how to architect a solution by selecting only those components that satisfy customer requirements. This includes everything between the backend pre-requisites to the frontend design requirements of a mobile solution. For convenience, here is an architectural overview of the new SAP Mobile Platform 3.0:
To fully understand architectural options, the SMP140: SAP Mobility for Application Architects course engages the solution architect to create the most appropriate application design. In this course, the solution architect assesses various mobile application paradigms and strategies, explores different business use cases for each, and then gains some deep-dive technical hands-on experience to help reaffirm the design decisions. This course involves the architect in a component level selection process that could very well lead to a baseline blueprint. The goal of this course is to give solution architects both a broad and fine understanding of the choices they will need to make in real projects. This course already assumes that you have a fairly good understanding of SAP’s mobility products. If you are new to SAP mobility, it is essential that you attend this course’s prerequisite: MOB01: SAP Mobile Platform Fundamentals and Best Practices, even at the SAP Mobile Platform 2.3 release level. Any SMP 3.0 enhancements will be covered in the SMP140 course.
General processes required of an application architect covered in the SMP140 course:
- Strategies to interface with the Enterprise Architect to understand customers’ IT infrastructure, Security and corporate-level system access requirements
- Best practices for working with the Business Process Analyst to gather customer and end user mobility requirements
- How to determine which development tools and supported device platforms are needed
- Design of a solution that meets the requirements specified by the customer/user
- Design of an end-to-end mobile application, including SAP Gateway Data Model, communication between different back end systems and mobile application deployment tools
- Strategies for ensuring that the solution performs well, given the provided infrastructure
- Incorporate change management to the design of a solution to allow for anticipated and unanticipated change
- Communication protocol for design trade-offs to business owners and other stakeholders
Below are some of the topical areas that each solution architect will explore during class:
- Introduction to Mobility for Application Architects
- Native Application Design
- Hybrid Application Design
- Metdata-driven Application Design
- Options Related to the Creation of an OData Service
- Options for Building the View-Controller of an SAP Gateway Application
- Security Planning for an SAP Gateway Application
- Assess Application impact of application-level security
- Assess Application impact of device-level security
- Definition of the SAP Agentry Architecture and Use Cases
- Options for SAP Mobile Apps
- Options for Building the Model of an SAP Agentry Application
- Pre-built SAP Agentry applications
- SAP Integration with SAP Agentry Apps
- IBM Maximo Integration with SAP Agentry Apps
- Pre-built Agentry Apps Customization
- Analysis of SAP Mobiliser Components
- SAP Mobiliser Framework
- Evaluation of SMS Builder Options
- Evaluation of SmartPhone Mobiliser Options
- Evaluation of SAP Mobile BI Development Options
- SAP Mobile BI Application for iOS Design
- SAP Mobile BI Solution Customizable Components
- Make Content Creation Decisions
- Common Customization Options for SAP Fiori Applications
- Customization of an SAP Fiori Application
- SAP Afaria for Mobile Application Deployment Activities
Other Related Blogs and Resources:
- For anyone interested in SMP 3.0 developer training, see this blog.
- For administration training, click this blog.
- For SAP Fiori and SAPUI5 training, see this blog.
SAP Mobile Platform Education in the SAP Learning Hub:
SAP Education offers multiple delivery formats and learning solutions. If you find that attending a live classroom poses a time and financial challenge, SAP Education introduces the all new SAP Learning Hub, the on demand learning platform from SAP. All SAP course content is immediately available in the SAP Learning Hub, including all new SAP Mobile Platform courses. Therefore, SAP Learning Hub is a great way to stay relevant and competitive in this fast-paced IT market, while reducing total training costs to you and your organization.
If you are not sure that SAP Learning Hub is the right solution for you, SAP Education offers a FREE access to select courses via SAP Learning Hub, discovery edition. In the free edition, you can explore and assess the free content available to you. Get started– register for free access to SAP Learning Hub, discovery edition, and begin to experience the benefits for yourself. Click here to register ›
Thank you and wishing you great success on every SAP Mobile Platform project.