How to play with views? (part 1: reset initial state, part 2: table/chart/table&chart view)
One of the great advantages is to use query and apply a diversity on views on it. This with a simple use of a selector. For the user it means that they will have an agile experience and are not opening like 3 different reports, like the feeling you have with tabs. And <en plus> you do not have to insert 3 times the same query with a different initial state, you just need one.
PART 1: reset initial state
THe only hickup I noticed, was the reset initial view.
Steps to reproduce:
- create a new design studio application
- assign datasource
- set initial view on the datasource (“ASTKX” = service master in my initial view)
- add component chart or crosstab
- add component listbox
- add 3 “view” names to the “Items”
- write script “on events”
- the reset initial view is accomplished by removing the additional dimensions and redefining the initial state. Now, we can play between the views!
- let’s PLAY
PART 2: Table / Chart / Table & Chart – View
- Add radionbutton
- the values are called: Table, Graphic and Table & Graphic
- write the script, see part 1 (reset to initial view, the explanation why you have to repeat the scripting for each view)
- our report has for example height 1000. For split screen (chart&table) we change the height to both 500 and set the topmargins. For the unsplit screens we keep the 1000 and topmargin=0.