I’ve received several requests about how to use the public Northwind OData service located at the address http://services.odata.org/V3/northwind/northwind.svc with SAP Web IDE. I’m going to explain in this post how to do it.
Configure the destination by going to your account.hanatrial.ondemand.com cockpit and create a new destination in the following way:
|Description||Northwind OData Service|
|Cloud Connector version||2|
Add also the following additional properties:
You should get something like this:
Pay attention to the following things:
- In the destination URL you should only provide the domain, so it’s just http://services.odata.org. Then, when using the wizard, you can put the full URL or just the path /V3/northwind/northwind.svc;
- do not forget to use the new names (WebIDEEnabled,WebIDESystem,WebIDEUsage) for the Additional Properties since the old ones have been deprecated;
- the new usage for this OData source is “odata_gen“, which represents the generic OData functionality.
So, for example, if you want to create a SAP Fiori application using the SAP Fiori Starter template you have to do the following at step 3 of the creation process:
- Select Service URL
- Select the destination we have created, in this case it’s Northwind OData Service
- Copy here the path to the service, in this case “/V3/northwind/northwind.svc“
- Click on the little “Play” button
- Click on Next
After this, the process continues as usual.
You have successfully connected your SAP Web IDE environment with the Northwind OData service.