This document will guide you how to create background configurations between SAP PO (Single stack) and ECC system for Part A – Proxy communication, Part B – IDoc_AAE and Part C – RFC Communication.
PART – A – Proxy Communication
ECC System –
1. Create Logical System in ECC System for PO system using Tcode BD54
2. Create RFC Destination in SM59 of Type G, which will point to the PO system –
Here Target host will be PO system and
Path prefix will be “/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?ximessage=true”
3. Now go to SXMB_ADM and add configurable parameters –
Category – Add Runtime – IS_URL –
i. Subparameter =
ii. Value = dest://(RFC Destination which we created in above step)
4. For Proxy generation one more RFC Destination needs to be created in SM59 system of Type G –
Here target host will be PO system
5. Go to “SLDAPICUST” Transaction and configure entry for PO system in ECC System –
PART – B – Idoc_AAE Communication
1. Go to SM59 and create RFC Destination of Type T –
Give here ProgramID and SAP PO server host and service. ProgramID provided here will be used in background configurations of PO system.
Note :- Go to Unicode Tab here and select radio button “UNICODE”
2. Create Port in WE21 of type Transactional RFC and assign RFC which we created in above step
SAP PO System
1. Go to PO NWA à Configuration à Infrastructure à Destination
Click next and give details of ECC system
Click next provide logon data and Enter connection pool settings and click Finish.
Note :- One more destination needs to be created with same settings as above for metadata XI_IDOC_DEFAULT_Destination_<SID>
2. Go to PO NWA à Configuration à Infrastructure à Application Resources
a. Search for “InboundRA” of type Resource Adapter
b. Click on Properties Tab
i. Give value for parameter ProgramID same as we have given in step5 of ECC System
ii. Give value for parameter “MaxReaderThreadCount” between 5 to 10
iii. Give value for parameter “Local” as “true”
3. Go to PO NWA à Configuration à Infrastructure à JCo RFC Provider
(JCo gives the communication between ABAP Stack and Java Stack)
a. Create JCo for RFC Destination –
Here give RFC Destination name same as we created in step 1 of SAP PO System
PART – C – RFC Adapter Communication
1. For using Sender RFC Adapter , we need to create RFC Destination of Type T in tcode SM59 –
The programID defined here, same programID will be used at Sender RFC Communication Channel.
2. For receiving RFC adapter, we need to give properties of target ECC system like Application Server, System Number, Client, Logon User and password etc in communication channel.
Here Logon user should have authorization to execute function module.