HR Renewal 1.0 FP4 prerequisite setup/ configurations
This blog is intended for those planning to Implement HR Renewal 1.0 FP4 based on the below component versions:
This information would be handy to start with the prerequisite setup/ configurations to be done for enabling HR Renewal services.
Versions: Ehp7 SP2 for ERP 6.0 – HR Renewal FP4 is delivered
Note: No Licence for neither HR Renewal nor SAP Netweaver GATEWAY services. There are few limitations
- Below information is based on EA-HR 607 SP14
- – NW 731 SP7
- – NW UO SP01 with many addons (Basis can check)
- – GATEWAY
- GATEWAY SERVER CORE NW 703/ 731 SP04
- GW_CORE 200
- SAP IW FND 250
- SAP WEB UIF731
- – IW_PGW SP4 (This used for approvals on Manager Portal)
- – LSOFE 607
- – SAP_HR 604
Deploy NW 740
NW740, UI services and Gateway component objects are part of NW 740 (i.,e SAP_UI, SAP_GWFND components)
No of components needs to Install in NW 740 is less (So you can check with the Clients IT department or Basis if there are no challenges from the them we would prefer this).
- Some important SAP Notes:
- 1701634 – HR renewal 1.0: Release Information Note (This is master note for all Release Information)
- 1691232 – Installing SAP HR renewal 1.0 on ERP 6.0 EHP6
- 1691231 – Release strategy for the ABAP add-on SAP HR renewal 1.0
- For Browser Compatibility:
- 1903267 – Browser: Internet Explorer 11 Release Notes
- 1708020 – Support of UI5 based on ABAP applications in the portal
- Features : For features activate the below Business Switches
Required Business Function:
HCM, Employee Self-Service on SAPUI5 (HCM_ESS_UI5_1
HCM, Manager Self-Service on SAPUI5 (HCM_MSS_UI5_1)
HCM, Workforce Viewer 01 (HCM_PD_ORGVIS_1)
HCM, Personnel & Organization 03 (HCM_PAO_CI_3)
HCM, Personnel & Organization (HCM_PAO_CI_4) – Additional Versions for Chile, Spain, Hong Kong and New Zeland
HCM, Learning Solution 05 (HCM_LSO_CI_5)
- Other ESS/ MSS Settings Checklist:
1. The following settings has to be done to complete ESS Settings
OData Services for lanes
OData Services for SAPUI5 applications
2. Payroll Control Center: The Payroll Control Center allows you to create and run your own business-specific master data and payroll checks
before and after payroll runs
Authorization Framework (HCM_LOC_CI_63) – This switch allows you to determine which employees are authorized to see which checks and which check results
HCM, Payroll Data Source Framework (HCM_LOC_CI_62)- The switch allows your business-specific checks and their results available on a single UI, tailored to the needs of each payroll user.
- Launchpad Settings:
1. The launchpad role HRPAO instance BASIC_ACTIONS is for the actions lane and for combining with country-specific repository launchpads.
2. For organizational management the instance used BASIC_ACTIONS_ORGANIZATION .
3. You can add the country-specific instances and BASIC_ACTIONS_ORGANIZATION to the BASIC_ACTIONS instance by using the feature Link to a Repository Application
4. Country Specific Launchpad also available.