This Document is in continuation to one published earlier – HR Master Data Distribution using ALE-IDOCS
This Document demonstrates a practical approach to distribute HR / HCM Master data
for standard Infotypes and HRP master tables using Change pointers concept.
The data distribution is from one SAP system to another SAP system.
System requirements, Skills, Requirement is as same as given in original document ( HR Master Data Distribution using ALE-IDOCS ).
Following steps remain same as mention in original document :
- Configure Logical system for your Partner system ( TCODE : SALE ) .
- Create Partner Profile for your Partner system ( TCODE : WE20 ).
- Create PORT ( TCODE : WE21 ) of type tRFC.
- Get RFC created from BASIS consultant connecting to the receiving system.
- Create Distribution Model ( TCODE : BD64 ) and add Message type HRMD_A here
Additional steps for Change Pointers configuration :
- Activate Change Pointers globally ( TCODE : BD61 ).
- Activate Change Pointers for Message type ( TCODE : BD50 ).
The following configuration needs to be done in RECEIVING system :
- Logical system settings ( TCODE : SALE ).
- Partner Profile configuration for Incoming Message type HRMD_A ( TCODE : WE20 ).
Demonstration of Change Pointers :
- Go to PA30 and change some records for any PERNR .
As we see below the attribute ‘Final Grade’ has 66 marks.
- We will now change marks from 66 to 60. After change, save and exit from PA30.
- Execute Transaction : BD21 / Program : RBDMIDOC for message type ‘HRMD_A’.
- The program will pick up all updates made to infotypes after the last update was distributed to Partner system.
You will also be able to see updates in table BDCP
- As we can see in IDOC field ‘EMARK’ it contains changed / updated value of 60.
- Now changed the Marks from 60 to 66 again in PA30 for same PERNR.
Execute PFAL with below options :
- Idoc generated in WE02 / 05 with changed / updated field ‘EMARK’ to 66.
So we see that BD21 sends the updates with as few segments as possible and
PFAL also sends the updates but includes some standard minimum segments.
With this we have demonstrated the approach to distribute HR Master Data using ALE-IDOCS and
also the approach to distribute Updates / Changes for Master Data from one system to another.