ALV Table and Its functionalities
Author : Sankar Gelivi
Created on : 27.06.2014
Summary: This document explains configuration of ALV table, events and funtionalities like changing column header, setting UI elements like button, link to action etc to the ALV table column.
Component: SALV_WD_TABLE is the generic component provided by SAP to create ALV table.
Events of ALV table: Each event will be discussed in detail
1. Create component YSG_ALV_TABLE
2. Define used component ( SALV_WD_TABLE ) under using component ( YSG_ALV_TABLE ) and save the component
3. After activating the component, we will be able to see Interfacecontroller_usage of ALV table under component usages.
4. Create a node ‘MATERIAL’ with cardinality 0-N
5. Double on the interface controller usage of ALV table, we will be re-directed to the context of ALV table interface controller
DATA node: Defines the structure of ALV table and passes data to the ALV table
FUNCTION_ELEMENTS node: Creates UI elements in the ALV table toolbar
TOP_OF_LIST node: Creates header to the ALV table
END_OF_LIST node: Creates footer to the ALV table
6. To assign structure to the DATA node, create controller usage
7. Select component controller of YSG_ALV_TABLE component
8. Define the External Context Mapping with DATA node of ALV table and MATERIAL node of YSG_ALV_TABLE
9. once the mapping is defined, we will see double arrow mark to the DATA node.
10. Design the view with the View Container UI element. View container UI element is used to display a view with in a view. It acts like a SUBSCREEN area in module pool program
11. Go to the window and assign view to be displayed in the view container
12. Right click on the view container UI element, select EMBED view and click on F4 of view to be Embedded and select TABLE under VIEW / Interface view and click on continue
13. TABLE view of ALV table is assigned to the view container
14. Implement the logic in theWDDOINIT( )
15. Save, activate and execute the application.
Note: ALV table events and its functionalities will be shared in the ALV Table and Its functionalities PART – 2