SAP co-founder Prof. Dr. h.c. Hasso Plattner has won the prestigious Leonardo European Corporate Learning Award in the Thought Leadership category.
The Leonardo Award honors organizations and individuals who devote their zeal and lifeblood to the search for innovative solutions to the daunting challenges in the field of learning, be it in a company, an organization or society.
The award is given to bold and persistent visionaries in the field of education who have implemented learning as defined by UNESCO’s four pillar model for the educational demands of the 21st century: learning to live together; learning to know; learning to do; learning to be.
The award will be presented during a ceremony to be held in October 2014 in Bonn, Germany under the auspices of the President of the European Parliament and the Federal German Minister of Education and Research. Before the award ceremony the Professional Learning Executive Forum takes place. SAP Education is proud to sponsor this prestigious invitation-only event alongside Accenture for the second year in a row.
The main focus topic this year is Learning Analytics, which is the measurement, collection, analysis, and reporting of data about learners and their environment, to understand and optimize learning and learning environments. We need to use the “big data” available from learners in combination with data sources from Finance, Sales and HR. Social and informal learning needs to be considered alongside modern methods like dashboards to measure the real value of learning and education as well as to predict KPIs like skills shortages, talent development, or compliance issues.
Learning Analytics is an ideal way to showcase how SAP can lead with cloud. SAP Education’s Marek Büttel, one of the events’ sponsors states: “This event is a fantastic way to engage with our customers in meaningful discussions about how they can use innovative approaches like learning analytics to improve their learning and education processes, and how to use learning to drive and grow their business.”
Professional Learning Executive Forum Agenda
During the interactive sessions, thought leaders will present and discuss new aspects in the field of learning and education in small, exclusive groups. The agenda will also feature additional thought leaders from different customers as well as from SAP. Please see here a sneak-preview:
- Keynote speaker Hasso Plattner will share his “Passion for Learning”
- Jenny Dearborn, Chief Learning Officer at SAP, will discuss learning analytics
- Peter Howes, VP Workforce Planning and Analytics at SAP, will discuss industry trends and best practices
- Corporate learning leaders will share practical experiences with implementing predictive learning analytics.
If you are a head of HR, Chief Learning Officer or similar function and wish to attend this event, please let me know by sending me a message via SCN.
If you want to know more about learning analytics, take a look at some of these related resources:
- Big Data: A Quick-Start Guide for Learning Practitioner. Four companies share how they have used learning analytics to show the training function’s impact on the business. Association for Talent Development Blogpost from Jenny Dearborne
- Learning Analytics: From learning metrics and analytics to business outcomes. Brochure from Successfactors
- Seize the Data – Learning Metrics & Analytics. SCN Blogpost Mick Collins