SAP Enterprise Portal 7.4 SP7 – SAP Fiori Launchpad on the SAP Portal and more…
I am excited to write this blog as we reached a key milestone for the SAP Enterprise Portal and the overall SAP Ux strategy.
I assume that you have all heard (and if not, I highly encourage you to read the following announcement) that SAP Fiori and SAP Screen Personas are now included in the underlying licenses of the SAP software. This is a major change that I (personally) expect to have a very positive impact, and will play a key role in renovating and improving the SAP User Experience.
In the last few months we have been working hard to align the SAP Portal Ux with the Fiori Ux. With SAP Enterprise Portal 7.4 SP7 it is the first time that we are delivering a new portal framework page following the SAP Fiori design. This is a new role based, personalized, responsive (based on SAPUI5; running on multiple devices), and very intuitive portal framework page, running on the SAP Portal infrastructure and following the Fiori Design. This is actually running the Fiori launchpad on the SAP Portal infrastructure. Together with the Fiori applications and the SAP Screen Personas Flavors, this will provide a new and highly improved user experience for the portal, while re-using the existing investment and key capabilities of the portal.
An important remark is that running the Fiori launchpad on the Portal, enables you to consume any type of content (Web Dynpro, SAP UI5, SAP Screen Personas, SAP Fiori, etc.). You are not limited to SAP Fiori applications only.
** there is an existing limitation to consume Fiori wave 2 and above applications in a standalone mode in the portal. This limitation is planned to be solved by Q3/2014.
Two additional new enhancements that will help you delivering a better user experience for your end users are:
- UI Theme Designer integration with the portal – UI Theme Designer is a browser-based, WYSIWYG editor used to customize the user experience. Now, the UI Theme Designer is also used to customer the look & feel of the SAP Enterprise Portal in a simpler and easier way across UI technologies including SAPUI5
- Broadcast Messages – a simple and intuitive tool to broadcast/send messages to groups of users in the portal, according to their role, assigned groups , etc.
- Overview presentation
- Fiori Launchpad on Portal on help.sap.com
- Known issue note FLP on EP – SAP Note 2008931
- SAP Fiori Integration with SAP Enterprise Portal – SAP Note 2031108
- SAP Fiori Launchpad on Portal – Sample Content for Administrators
Those of you who had the privilege to attend the ASUG Annual Conference, had the chance to see all of the above live in the conference. At SAP D-CODE, we plan to show this and much more. So, stay tuned…