SAP Work Manager Rapid Deployment Solution: Customer Success and a Sneak Peek of the Next Release
The SAP Work Manager rapid-deployment solution (RDS) provides a “test drive” option (a.k.a. proof of concept) that some customers recently took advantage of to experience the out-of-the-box functionality included as part of the solution. They used the RDS approach to get familiar with the technical infrastructure before implementing the solution in a production environment.
For those unfamiliar with SAP Work Manager, it is a SAP mobile app focused on Enterprise Asset Management (EAM), and it facilitates the maintenance, inspection, and repair of mission-critical assets. The SAP Work Manager RDS includes best practices and services to allow for deployment and configuration to be as predictable as possible. Let’s take a quick look at one customer’s example in terms of their main objectives, key benefits, and top achievements accomplished.
- Resolve data inaccuracies and delays in updating maintenance activities
- Access maintenance information and update maintenance activities while technicians perform their tasks offline in remote sites
- Eliminate maintenance data captured in paper forms and spreadsheets
- Ability to evaluate SAP Work Manager solution capabilities in a short period of time with a reduced cost to implement
- Option to further expand the solution footprint into a production landscape
- Allowed for a low risk and more informed decision making process in terms of how best to leverage SAP’s mobile solutions
- Provided the core user community an easy way to get familiar with both the look-and-feel and the functionality of the solution before implementing it in production
- Saved time and costs usually associated with building, planning, and implementing a mobile strategy and roadmap
If you are interested in getting started quickly with the SAP Work Manager RDS in the same way as the above customer, you can download the best practices and implementation content directly here, and then follow the on-screen instructions for downloading the zip file.
This RDS package is continuously improved and enhanced with the release of new features covered by the product. In fact, I’d like to highlight some of the new features which will be delivered in the coming release of this RDS package:
From the platform side, the package will soon include:
- SAP Mobile Platform 3.0 runtime installation and configuration
- Agentry application specific configuration
- Security configuration
From the solution side, the package will soon include:
- Integration with Open UI for GIS (ESRI GIS package)
- Integration of ERP Customer Service component
- Integration of SAP 3D Visual Enterprise Viewer
- Application security configuration
Remember that you can always get a jump start on the latest that SAP Work Manager has to offer by following the solution implementation as covered in the rapid-deployment solution, which will regularly be updated to include additional functionalities that build upon existing investments. We aim to make SAP rapid-deployment solutions the most predictable and cost effect way to start any project.
The new version of SAP Work Manager rapid-deployment solution is now available! See here for the latest details.
Legal disclaimer: SAP AG or its affiliated companies have no obligation to pursue any course of business outlined in this blog or any related presentation, or to develop or release any functionality mentioned therein. This blog, or any related presentation, and SAP AG’s or its affiliated companies’ strategy and possible future developments, products, and/or platform directions and functionality are all subject to change and may be changed by SAP AG or its affiliated companies at any time for any reason without notice. The information in this blog is not a commitment, promise, or legal obligation to deliver any material, code, or functionality. All forward-looking statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from expectations. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of their dates, and they should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions.